Project:411 SSS R16 to KA24e Swap

Datsun411SSS

it is the preteen years that you have to worry about your daughters even more with all the preteen and early teen boys and it gets worse as the daughters get older. remember with a son you only have to worry about one boy, with a daughter you have to worry about ALL the boys.

Depends on the boy!  Remember, boys are the "donors", girls are the "receptors."  Bottom line, the parent of a boy just might be the grandparents of more of your grandchildren than the parents of your girl.  Of course this depends on future "activity" of the girl.  For the record, my Great Uncle had 29 children, by 3 wives [in sucession, and he was not a Mormon].  My sister visited Ireland for 5 years before she finally met someone was one of our cousins!  Thanks to him, and ignoring all his brothers and sisters, I have at least 200 second cousions that I know of.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I got some work done today.. piping is pretty much done being mocked up. I need to order just a few more things to have a boosted 411 on the road  :thumbup:

Here a few pics from today. Ill post some more detailed ones when I get a chance.

Air filter to turbo is all done and ready to go.  Other side of the turbo just need to clamp to coupling.

20140308_192844.jpg[/url]

The elbows on the intercooler will be pointing higher up.  I will need to cut some holes on the valance to have better ground clearance.

20140308_192858.jpg[/url]

20140308_192834.jpg[/url]

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I finally finished the intercooler piping.  Took advantage of the long weekend and the piping is completely connected.  Only thing left is to weld on the blow off valve and purchase the wastegate.

Here are a few pictures:

20140527_183354.jpg

20140527_183345.jpg

20140527_173558.jpg

20140527_164504.jpg

20140527_164452.jpg

More to come as the project progresses...

• Like 1

Advice-get rid of that mechanical voltage regulator when you are done with the intercooler.  You will appreciate not having to fiddle with the point settings and electronic VRs seem to last forever.

A great job!

oops! Sorry, that's the headlight relay in the pictures!

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Great thread man. Iv been back and forth with what to do about a motor swap.

I'm running an A12 and want fuel injection. How low did you have to set the KA to clear the wiper motor?

And will you be able to run the stock gill with the push fans?

If you had to do a different motor , what would it be? I'm thinking a vg30 or L16

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

they have the h190 in em... so its pretty much the same as doin a ka 510 goon or pickup..

im stickin with the stock axle with the KAe swap we're doing in the wife's 411. probably uses the same brake parts as the pickup.. lol

I really should have saved my 67 520 and used some parts off that.