83 280zx turbo AFM

lynchfourtwenty

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you have to convert over to z31 efi with a true digital ECU instead of the analog 280zx style ECU's. Remember theres only like 7 wires you would have to splice into the stock 280zx harness. The rest go to the engine itself and its sensors/ accessories. NO i wont help you do it either because I am SWAMPED right now with other projects( artic cat superchargers, segway unicycle, zero's 300zx, my z, and travis's vg swap.) Its been a craptastic year, YEAH! peace.

haha ok buddy calm down! lol yea i dont care what he does really i was just wonderin.. i would help u if you like but i got some fucked up schedual.. cause either my gf is at work an im baby sitting or its early in the day and ur at work and yea.. but if i can i will help ya just need to plan it really..

the maf swap is fairly easy, well kinda, if you arent affraid of wiring. you'll need a z31 ecu, dizzy internals, maf, and harness, and some instructions. apparently its cheap too, im gonna do it one day, cause i hate the flapper door system used on the old bosch fi

zdriver when it gets running again, has the whole writeup on the maf swap. because you have bleach's old turbo, you dont need to purchase the turbo dizzy and shaft like me, just the 300zx dizzy guts to put in the 280zx dizzy. it yeilds a bit more power, and runs better. try and find the later year 300, simply because the ecu is 8 bit!!! wow

because you have bleach's old turbo, you dont need to purchase the turbo dizzy

He doesn't have it and this Alan guy isn't the one who bought the car. I thought the buyers name was Anothony. We don't really know what Alan has. Maybe he just has a boost leak and thinks it is a bad AFM. :P

he's not really sure.. it ran like dog shit when he got it and his buddy smacked the afm a bit an it started running really good.. well now its just kinda running "OK" still stutters a bit.. local part store is $300++ and if u get one online they want a core or $400 and he's too lazy to goto a junk yard.. so ya idk guess he'll finger it out sooner or later

no thats compressor surge. Its normal. No I dont know of any yards right now that have a 280zx turbo but last time I went to fosters u-pull it they had one. They cycle the cars out every three weeks and crush them but they get em all the time it seems like. peace.

on the side of the afm, there will be a black cover, its held on by silicone, take it off, then youll see a clock spring that makes the flapper door go back closed, there is a screw that locks that in place, you can adjust your fuel mixture by how tight or loose that spring setting is. the only thing tho is dont let go of the part, cause it will totally come undone, and theyn your kinda screwed if you dont know how much tension was on it.