18's

What is a good/great price for a set of Armada/Titan/QX56 18's? There are a couple sets of Titan's for $250 right now. I'm pretty sure I can get a set of QX's for $300.

What about tires, what does a set of tires cost? Recommendations?

Lastly, can I run them on a '79 KC? Or do I have to modify something?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They rub on the disk brake trucks so you have to flare the fenders a bit. I haven't even tried the front's. I wouldn't spend that much for the armadas maybe the qx56.

I paid $200 for my titans from Nissan of Fife.

I paid about $600 for rubber (brand new) I think they were 225/45/18, I'd have to double check.

I'd get those Q's if I had the dough...

I'm still not sure why Ice had to flair his fenderwells, near as I could tell the axles were the same width on the 79 compared to the 77. I completely flattened the lip on mine though, and had about 1/2" clearance...

225/45/18 Kumos on my car retail for $129 I believe.

I got my Z-car discount and paid about $80 each.

I think you can get good 18" tires in a few sizes for right around $100 each plus mounting/balancing and tax. Or used tires.

I never see Titans for $200. I think its a rare case when they sell that cheap but you Datto folks pick them up when they are available. $250 doesn't seem too bad of a price. 18's are heavy though! ...they slo your roll...

I think that I have about $600 in my 5 rims and tires. I have 225/40/zr18 Dunlops. I had to be sure to get W rated tires for my 180mph 620.:D They are super heavy wheels though. The wheels and tires are about 50lbs each! Almost give myself a hernia every time I move my spare:cool:

Yeah, I have the one that I used to test fit before I bought the other 4. I actually had the right size tire sitting around that would fit, and I got the wheel for free from the body shop I worked at in Tacoma. The only thing that sucks is that my spare is the color of your wheels and the rest are the dark grey ones. Actually the titan in the background of my avitar is my spare. This is my other 4. but my spare is peeking up in the bed of my truck

DatsunInterior.jpg

I sold my titans to my brother, they look better on his truck anyways :) It feels way faster with the stock wheels too. Plus I'm a cheap bastard, 260 for all new 14's :D

Hey glenman if I put the hardbody spindles on my rig do you think I could fit the stock wheels back on my truck?

Hey glenman if I put the hardbody spindles on my rig do you think I could fit the stock wheels back on my truck?

For sure. I have a set of stock 14" HB wheels that I had on my truck up to the point that I had my HB hubs machined. So when are you going to do the conversion??

• 3 weeks later...

I have the titans on my 78 (disk brake) KC. I have yet to lower it but I believe I will have to roll the fenders a little bit. Right now at stock height I dont have any issues. Ok the tech of what I have and did.

Titan 5 spoke 18s ($250 - 300?)

Kumho ECASTA SPT 225/45zR18 91Y ($100ea?)

Ground down the nubs on the hub (no spacers)

(I have only put 1000 miles on the tires/rim setup as a test (Portland to L.A.)

I paid $280 + $100 shipping for my Qx56's and my local powdercoater is doing them flat black for $35 a wheel... priced 245/45/R18's

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+401060+315708+115+4294811499&autoview=sku

they are as yet not on the truck... disc brake conversion underway...