New to the 521 crew!

DatWifey

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks dude!  I'm glad you tracked me down, as it was great to finally meet you as well :)  I was half wondering if you would remember it.... you seemed (and smelled) a little shitfaced :lol:

Haha. Did I? Weird. I had been drinking "virgin" margaritas all day.

• Like 2

Shit, you so rarely go to meets, Jon, I didn't realize that you would have driven up for it ;)  To be honest, I was waffling on even going until the night before it.  I wasn't sure if we were even going to be able to go because Brody was still working on the Maxima, which sat in our shop for at least a month because it's so UN-fun to work on :rolleyes:

While I'm in here, and on the topic of my 521, we picked up a gear-reduction starter last night, and I swapped it out while Brody buttoned up the Maxima.....  fuuuuuck, I wish we would have put this one when we did the whole motor swap with all the other new parts.  It's so damn nice having it start up at the flick of the key.  My last one was more than a little worn out and was starting to suck the life out of my batter :D

Now, it's time to finally get my dash swapped :w00t:  

Surprisingly enough, at O'reilly's.  We just figured we would get a new one, and I was asking Brody about a gear-reduction one and the dude turns the monitor around and asked if it was the one on his screen (I had just been researching them earlier in the afternoon because I knew I had seen people mention using them when they have swapped to L20's and such).  Just our luck, he had it in stock, so we went with it. 

Shit, you so rarely go to meets, Jon, I didn't realize that you would have driven up for it ;)  To be honest, I was waffling on even going until the night before it.  I wasn't sure if we were even going to be able to go because Brody was still working on the Maxima, which sat in our shop for at least a month because it's so UN-fun to work on :rolleyes:

While I'm in here, and on the topic of my 521, we picked up a gear-reduction starter last night, and I swapped it out while Brody buttoned up the Maxima.....  fuuuuuck, I wish we would have put this one when we did the whole motor swap with all the other new parts.  It's so damn nice having it start up at the flick of the key.  My last one was more than a little worn out and was starting to suck the life out of my batter :D

Now, it's time to finally get my dash swapped :w00t:  

What starter did you get because they all suck. I bought a Troy Ermish starter and believe me it might be the last one you buy.

Just sayin, you know the old saying we don't have money and time to do it the first time but we have all the time and money to do it right the second time.Those starters are so hit and miss I am sick of them, that's why I bought his. I hope it works then right on but it will be a matter of time and the poof it won't start again.

Oh, trust me, I hear you on doing it right the first time around, but, replacing a starter is easy enough for me to justify spending $50 on it for now.  We are broke as fuck with the husband in grad school, so we surely can't justify $225 for a starter right now :)  Maybe someday we'll be back to baller status.... and I will have to call the husband 'doctor' :lol:

• Like 1

That truck looks soooooo good! I really need to get my truck up and running. Just need some brake cylinders and a slave for the clutch. Oh, new tires to boot!