L18 engine

Ok guys these is a treasure found its a crate L18 engine and it a new or remanufature engine am not sure but every were i see its looks brand new and i dont want to wore it out on ebay or craigslist it needs a nice home 800$ shoud be fair !!!!!!

gallery_7866_802_45972.jpg

gallery_7866_802_34745.jpg

gallery_7866_802_51007.jpg

gallery_7866_802_8818.jpg

gallery_7866_802_31251.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a rebuild from Thailand. from back in the 90s unless there is a Nissan or Bap Geon (GoldStar) labol that tells somthing else.

I had a Thailand rebuild. Back in the day they were about 500-800$ or so.

Nissan had a clearance also in the 90s with crate motors. but about $900 or more.

the notces are for the injectors. so be a good choice for a FI conversion

maybe somebody on the 510realm might want this also

My Thailand rebuild lasted 50k miles. Its started stinking.(blowby)

when I opened the motor ever bore had a ring land scare in the same clocking position so I assume they gapped the rings wrong.

My Jap Bap Geon rebuilt lasted 60kmiles . The head gasket was leaky. When I tore it apart I notice the head bolts loose. but proceeded to remove the head. Gasket looked fine so I guess all i needed to do was torq the headbolts down and that would have been it. But I notice the exhaust valve was running out of adjustment(valve lash) and woud have needed to get pulled soon anyways

im in azusa california and i got it from a nissan dealer that closed down and they hade a bunch of parts for sale they aso hade a skyline engine and some other parts

what part of Cali are you from and where did you pick this up from?

Looks like a rebuild from Thailand. from back in the 90s unless there is a Nissan or Bap Geon (GoldStar) labol that tells somthing else.

I had a Thailand rebuild. Back in the day they were about 500-800$ or so.

Nissan had a clearance also in the 90s with crate motors. but about $900 or more.

the notces are for the injectors. so be a good choice for a FI conversion

maybe somebody on the 510realm might want this also

My Thailand rebuild lasted 50k miles. Its started stinking.(blowby)

when I opened the motor ever bore had a ring land scare in the same clocking position so I assume they gapped the rings wrong.

My Jap Bap Geon rebuilt lasted 60kmiles . The head gasket was leaky. When I tore it apart I notice the head bolts loose. but proceeded to remove the head. Gasket looked fine so I guess all i needed to do was torq the headbolts down and that would have been it. But I notice the exhaust valve was running out of adjustment(valve lash) and woud have needed to get pulled soon anyways

good info Hainz.

FYI: there was a motor like this on ebay last year - painted light grey, all new L18 and it went for $200.

im in azusa california and i got it from a nissan dealer that closed down and they hade a bunch of parts for sale they aso hade a skyline engine and some other parts

What......No pictures of the Skyline engine???

• 2 years later...

I just came accross the same type of crate engine L18 same color block, A87 head (no notches) block #5417B N68, but mine has a Gold Star remanufacterd in Japan for Bap Geon sticker on it. It has a sticker on it that says to torque head to proper spec's then again once at operating temp.

My question, should I just replace the head gasket to be on the safe side or just do what it says above. I came across this engine as a estate sale and the seller said it had been stored for over 20 years. Does anyone know anything about Gold Star ? I am not sure if I want to install it or just save it.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.