removing voltage reg

Gary

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeo

ive got an internally regulated alternator now, ive wired positive and negative, just dunno what to do next

theres a plug on the alternator with two pinouts, i dunno what to do with either :( does one typically go to the coil, and the other to the dash for the charge light or something?

cheeeeeeeeeeeers

• Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeo

ive got an internally regulated alternator now, ive wired positive and negative, just dunno what to do next

theres a plug on the alternator with two pinouts, i dunno what to do with either :( does one typically go to the coil, and the other to the dash for the charge light or something?

cheeeeeeeeeeeers

check the how-to section, its been covered in depth

old datsun pickups has a wiring diagram, check that to see where the wires go. the T connector on the internal alt is for your dummy light on the dash, plug that in!

on the connector to the external regulator, if its like the 510/521 etc then its just jumping 2 wires. To make it clean without cutting wires, you can use 2 wires and 4 spade connectors. keeps the stock wiring in place if you ever want to go back.

I removed the regulator and cut the connector off. Removed the wires with their spade connectors and soldered the two I wanted and put back in the plastic plug.

710IRaltswap013Large.jpg

710IRaltswap014Large.jpg

So now I just plug it into the stock harness and it's done and neat.

• 4 months later...

Thank you doctor.

Printing press accident. Lost a few fingernails and some meat off my index finger. The nails grew out 'funny' after that.

I got a new pocket knife when i was a kid. I was making a spear, sharpening the end of a stick. Missed and took my thumb nail off. Fun times. 10 years ago, working a drill press I looked away for just a second. Drill press came down and drilled right thru the last knuckle on my inded finger, right above the finger nail. Tip of my finger was dangling. I sliced my knuckles a few times, got some scars and stiches... Got an infection once in my left hand on my knuckle. Red veins up to my arm pit. I almost died. They wanted to cut my hand off but i fought it....

Did this one a few years ago on my sentra

finger.jpg

And now back to your regularly scheduled program

Thank you doctor.

Printing press accident. Lost a few fingernails and some meat off my index finger. The nails grew out 'funny' after that.

Been there, done that~ sort of. Sold my '68 Camaro to a buddy back in '75. We were under the hood one day (we both worked at the same gas station) and he says "hey, I think the alt belt's loose", so as I proceed to grab it and give a tug, he walks around without warning and STARTS THE CAR!! Passing my fingers thru the alternator pulley, it took the nail on my left *birdie* finger and ripped it right out the side of my finger. To this day it still doesn't grow quite right....

• 4 months later...