Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

CAN/AM Production easy wiring boxes for EFI works for KA's SR's VG's CA's and more

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

#21 izzo

izzo
  • Cars:1976 B210

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

Laecoan,

u mount this under the dash. normally you would wire up yourself the fuel pump relay, the computer, and whatever else when doing a ka/sr swap. this is just a better way of doing it.

i think ka-510 has a picture of what the wiring would look like without this, he did a good job, but this is still x10

Found it!

This is basically what it would replace

Posted Image
http://threeinchesof...sport.ytmnd.com
Go eat a bowl of dicks
RIP Wide14u

#22 Icehouse

Icehouse
  • Cars:57 VW SC - 59 210 - 64 VW camper - 2 68 510 2 dr - 70 bluebird coupe - 3 71 510 2 drs - 73 1200 ute

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

Sorry guys I need to update and add a better description. I was just stocked that one was soldered together, so I wanted to share my enthusiasm. Since when I update the wiring thread it doesn't actually bring it back to the top. So I decided to post it up here in the classifieds. Well By the time I got it soldered, photo's uploaded and the thread going I was a little to drunk to put the effort required to write a half way good description. Tonight I will update this thread sorry guys. Just got a bit ahead of my self. (Even though it took me and Rob 2 years to get this done :) )

"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb."    Sam

#23 fisch

fisch
  • Cars:1970 510 Wagon, 1959 Datsun 1000 sedan, 1972 Datsun 510 LZ22, Sold. 1971 PL521 Pickup

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:45 PM

Dude, Jeff. Where the fuck were ya like 2 years ago with this shit, slacker! Jesus! thats a bad ass little setup. ya should do a 4 pod one too so you can hook up a electric fan.

Ha he was workin these two years ago I think! Took long enough Jeff! :lol: But totally looks worth it dude! Congrats on getting it done! You deserve celebrating!

#24 Icehouse

Icehouse
  • Cars:57 VW SC - 59 210 - 64 VW camper - 2 68 510 2 dr - 70 bluebird coupe - 3 71 510 2 drs - 73 1200 ute

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

Sooooo... everything is marked all ready i can see? So you just insert the correct wires to the correct spot and your ka is ready to go????? Fuck man... Honestly that is fucken sick... I will so buy one if that is correct.

Yep each screw terminal is labeled, connect it to the correct wire and your done :) After installing our prototypes I was SOLD! They make the job so damn nice, easy and clean.

Dude, Jeff. Where the fuck were ya like 2 years ago with this shit, slacker! Jesus! thats a bad ass little setup. ya should do a 4 pod one too so you can hook up a electric fan.

haha Get one for your next project :)

I'll probably grab one of these from you in a couple of weeks! I'm running out of money FAST!

Do it, just make sure your engine is in the link, if not send me the wiring diagram and I will figure it out :)

Pardon my ignorance but is this a relay box? And does it come with a cover?

There is NO cover, the relays are very tall, we played around with a cover but it just ended up looking weird. This way you can see the LED's better to :)

Ordering info, please!

The case order is slowing us down big time. When they are finally assembled I will add the Paypal info to the original post :)

I'll take one.

I'll bring one up when we finish your wiring :)

#25 Icehouse

Icehouse

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

will this work with a s14 sr and a s15 6 speed?

Tranny doesn't matter, so yes, well I haven't written up the S14 SR diagram but it's on my list :)

This most likely is a stupid question but what does it do? Is some sort of engine management?Or does it just make wiring simpler?

Just simpler and cleaner wiring, just a relay box. Our main intent was to just make it so anyone with a bit of wiring knowledge can make there engine run and the wiring look clean.

For KA/SR swaps. Keeps the wiring & relays clean. Just attach wires, done...

Exactly!

CAN/AM trademark infringmentI cant open file to see photo.I think youll sell alot of these. Most will never be used but youll sell alot of these!Austrailia baby thats where its at!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Rob's Canadian and American so we just went with it :)

Wonder if this will help simplify the wiring on my VQ510Will have to see how the wires are ran.I know there's fuel pump relay that's just hanging :lol:

I've never looked at a VQ diagram but it may :)

Not enough information about these for me to dive in. How does it connect, what exactly is it? blah blah.There is no actual description.

As I explained in the previous post I've was slacking, I meant to come back to it the next day but got sidetrack. Really didn't expect much response to be honest :)

Laecoan, u mount this under the dash. normally you would wire up yourself the fuel pump relay, the computer, and whatever else when doing a ka/sr swap. this is just a better way of doing it.i think ka-510 has a picture of what the wiring would look like without this, he did a good job, but this is still x10Found it!This is basically what it would replacePosted Image

Yep!

Ha he was workin these two years ago I think! Took long enough Jeff! :lol: But totally looks worth it dude! Congrats on getting it done! You deserve celebrating!

Yeah Rob and I put countless hours of time into these. It's funny holding it, thinking damn all this work for rusty old Datsun's :)

#26 Guest_DatsuNoob_*

Guest_DatsuNoob_*

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:15 PM

Cant wait to see one of these bad boys in my truck! :cool:

#27 Jesse C.

Jesse C.
  • Cars:72 Datsun 510 2 Door, '08 Nissan Xterra

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:42 AM

Cool! Please put me down for a 200SX VG Swap!

Thanks again, Ice!
I am allergic to some pet hair, dust, avocados and annoying motherfuckers ! :)

#28 ]2eDeYe

]2eDeYe
  • Cars:78 620 KC, 77 620 KC, 72 CJ5, 04 G35 coupe mmmm

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:46 AM

I'll bring one up when we finish your wiring :)

Excellent...my kitchen is torn apart at the moment. No rush :lol:

Smokin' Joe's House of Datto's

gJv38AY.jpg
Member- *Japanese Trucking Association*

**DATSUN FAQ** ~ If ya know it, post it ~ If ya don't know it, learn it ~

ratsun.net rising sun stickers                     ratsun business cards order thread

620 KA24 Motor Mount Swap Brackets

1977 620 KingCab Deluxe KA24DE Swap - Refresh and cleanup
1978 620 kingcab 4x4 - KA24E SAS w/Dana 44 front and Toyota rear

1967 RL411 Station Wagon

Whenever I think that I'm out of my mind for putting this much time and money into an old Datsun, all I have to do is look some of your threads to know that I'm not nearly as whack as you are.

You're going to skin a few knuckles, stand up too fast and bump your head, hunt around the floor for the nuts and bolts you dropped, invent a few new cuss words and when you're finished you'll say "That wasn't so hard after all!"

#29 pl521sss

pl521sss
  • Cars:Too many Datsuns

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:39 AM

I've never looked at a VQ diagram but it may :)

Here's what my wiring looks like under the dash now

Posted Image

AEM ECU

Posted Image

Datsun 510 | 521 | 620 | 410

pl510sss-sig.jpg

#30 XeroX

XeroX
  • Cars:71 Cinco witha Diez

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

Wish these where out before i did my own wiring on the KA swap! This look CLEAN!

Maybe I will save up for one just to clean up my install :)

#31 Laecaon

Laecaon
  • Cars:71 Wagon decommissioned, 02 BMW 325iT

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:41 AM

I get it now, the diagrams were confusing me. I couldnt figure out why the diagram was still showing the 510 harness connected to the 3 relays and then to the engine harness then to the CAN/AM box. Now I see you simply connect power and ground(black w/white) from the 510 harness to the box and then plug the engine harness wires into their respected spots. I like this solution very much. I might still try my hand at making my own (Going to school taking electrical classes really helps).

Signature.jpg

#32 Mini-L320

Mini-L320
  • Cars:1980 Datsun 210, 1964 Datsun L320.

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

this spring making my 210 SR20DET :cool: , deffinately will get one of these boxes soon when I get some extra dough.
And yes please can we get a bit more info and a picture of it installed all wired up.
Posted Image

My Datsun smokes tires on a Daily Basis like if it were its Drug

#33 Icehouse

Icehouse

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:48 AM

[quote name='Mini-L320' date='29 January 2011 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1296371580' post='41958
this spring making my 210 SR20DET :cool: , deffinately will get one of these boxes soon when I get some extra dough.
And yes please can we get a bit more info and a picture of it installed all wired up.
[/quote]

I will have more links and pics as the weeks roll on. I'm going to be installing a few myself in the next few weeks.

#34 Mg3playa

Mg3playa
  • Cars:1972 Datsun 510

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:45 AM

I want one of these. PM sent

#35 sssr20det510

sssr20det510
  • Cars:1969 2 door 510, 1968 2 door 510, 85 4runner supercharged taco 3.4

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:49 AM

I have one of the older style boxes in my car it saved me prob 4 or 5 hours of wiring. I basically wired my sr in about 2 hours with this style box

Drive it like you stole it

My Build Thread http://community.rat...r20det-project/

#36 Guest_DatsuNoob_*

Guest_DatsuNoob_*

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:10 AM

These boxes are amazing! Icehouse did the install in a matter of minutes. I'm very pleased with the quality of this product and the clean, clutter-free appearance in the cab. Worth every penny :thumbup:

#37 qwik510

qwik510
  • Location:Maryland (Suburbs of Washington, DC) East Coast USA
  • Cars:72 510 2 Door

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:15 AM

These boxes are amazing! Icehouse did the install in a matter of minutes. I'm very pleased with the quality of this product and the clean, clutter-free appearance in the cab. Worth every penny :thumbup:

We need Pics!

Also, I've determined, I'm not a hoarder, I'm a collector.
As I'm sure a lot of the old school datsun guys are.

Enjoy the Ride!

David

1972 Datsun 510(Pete Brock's 510)
1977 Datsun 620 King Cab (Barn Find)

#38 goatee

goatee
  • Cars:73 datsun 510

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:50 PM

For people wanting covers to wiring radio shack sells mountable boxes they label "Project Enclosures" typically used for pc and electronic stuff but would probably work for covering up crazy wiring messes. They have all kinds of shapes and sizes.
I'm hopeful that maybe this summer I'll start a ka swap and will definitely be ordering one of these if I get that accomplished. Great stuff!
Why are all my vehicles box shaped?

#39 southern620

southern620
  • Cars:'77 620 '07 fusion

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:32 PM

also highly interested

#40 hang_510

hang_510
  • Cars:71 2 door - LZ22 / 72 wagon - TBD

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:40 PM

clean! :thumbup:

you could patent it, then send it off to china to be made for $0.99 and then sell em for $19.99

"I can spend time working on the Dattos, or wasting money at the strip club. You make the call." :D

I'll put on chain mail and a dirt bike tire jock strap and drive it!!!!!