The time has come!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget the rubber slip that sits between the fender and the frame, with out it, you can get a rattle or vibration.

If you don't have them and can't afford new ones, use a bicycle tube they are about the same width

And thickness of material

Yeah those came off in pieces. Oh okay thats kinda cool. So just cut the intertube to length and put in? or cut it in half and spread it out, then put in?

I'm sure you know, but you need to use an LED specific "flasher" for the turn signals as the LEDs don't draw enough current to activate the stock flasher. (or something like that)

Yeah I read that before but you just reminded me thanks! Ill get on that before i throw those in there

• 3 weeks later...

Got a ton of welding done. Rear markers shaved, door handles shaved, Rust spots fixed, Welded a bunch of un-needed holes in the rear from the bluebird lights, shaved the rear bumper and shaved the licence plate lights, and welded up the door mirror holes to make new clean ones. I did a lot of mud work too but I got to take pics of that still.

IMAG0451.jpg

IMAG0453.jpg

IMAG0450.jpg

IMAG0456.jpg

IMAG0455.jpg

IMAG0454.jpg

IMAG0452.jpg

IMAG0457.jpg

looks good and i like it all shaved

hah thats what she said...

Thanks though I know I'll love how it turns out. Im keeping some body lines in the rear where the bumper was so its not just super smooth straight down from under the tails. Should turn out really nice

Got a ton of mud work done and sprayed the first coat of primer on. I havnt done any work with the fenders yet because I have to get them to hang right and stuff so they don't have primer yet. I pushed the car into the car port for now because the chevelle is getting a paint job and needs its garage back for a bit. Made my own little custom paint booth haha I definitely wont be shooting the paint in there though.

IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0460.jpg

IMAG0459.jpg

IMAG0462.jpg

IMAG0461.jpg

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0464.jpg

IMAG0466.jpg

IMAG0467.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I removed all the steering and suspension and control arms to clean and paint and put in my poly bushings. I sprayed super clean in the front wheel wells and engine compartment and then pressure washed it all nice and clean so I can coat the wheel wells and paint the engine compartment. I also drilled my strut rod bushings so the rod doesnt break. then I cut the spring perches off of my struts for the coilovers and ground the welds smooth.

IMAG0487.jpg

IMAG0483.jpg

IMAG0500.jpg

IMAG0499.jpg

IMAG0482.jpg

IMAG0490.jpg

IMAG0496.jpg

i would paint it if the bottom of the car is going to be nice i would also paint the head because polishing that would be a very very tough and time consuming project

Thank you for the input Bonvo! Yeah the bottom isnt gonna be nice, just coating the wheel wells. I decided I like the aluminum look of the transmission. Yeah i bought some aluminum metalic paint for the head. Polishing would take too long

My shifter had a little too much slack

IMAG0501.jpg

so I went to the local little hardware store to look for a brass bushing. the closest I found was a 3/8" ID which is perfect for the pin but a 1/2" OD which is just barely too big to press in

IMAG0503.jpg

IMAG0504.jpg

I drilled out the hole in the shifter to 1/2" and it pressed in perfectly

IMAG0505.jpg

Ground off the extra length

IMAG0507.jpg

IMAG0508.jpg

Like new again

IMAG0510.jpg

Nice! I did something similar.

SNC16172.JPG

These are door bushings from autozone (1 on each side). Also "too big" to fit in, but I cut a relief into them , and then hammered them home. Hammering made the inside have a slight problem, so I dremel smoothed the inside and the pin fit perfectly. Also with the shoulders of the bushings it takes up the side to side slop too.