The time has come!

So since I bought this car I've been waiting for my girlfriend's dad to finish working on his 67 chevelle so I could roll my 510 in and get to work. Today was the day and now its sitting in there waiting to be torn apart. I bought this car early september, made a ratsun account and have been trolling the site ever since just letting the anticipation grow! So here's some pics of where I am today.

Here is the 510, kamakazi620 hooked me up with the extra hoods since the one that came on the car was wrecked

IMAG0066.jpg

Body is straight

IMAG0072.jpg

Tokico hp struts, roadster comp springs for rear and ground control coilovers for the front

IMAG0064.jpg

Dogleg 5 speed, header, cross drilled rotors, brake booster and a glasspack

IMAG0065.jpg

Gonna run these 14" Modern wheels for now and paint the inner face black

IMAG0063.jpg

78kingcab hooked me up with these fenders and tail light panel! Awesome dude right there!

IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

Got this grill from kamakazi620 and ordered the lower grill trim from fuzz's '71 510

IMAG0071.jpg

Some no name seats that i like

IMAG0075.jpg

Interior and a bunch of stuff 78kingcab hooked me up with on the floor

IMAG0076.jpg

A center console from a neon i picked up at pick n pull to give the interior a new look

IMAG0074.jpg

And the l18 with a weber

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

My plans other than what's pictured include

-l18 total rebuild & port and polish head

-performance cam

-flat top pistons to jump compression

-full steering bushing kit

-new paint

-tinted windows

-slam it and space out the wheels a little with new tires

-shave door handles and marker lights

-smooth out rear lower valance and shave the bumpers

I'm gonna really push to get this thing rolling so i can make it to canby! or blue lake at least.. We'll see because im in school and working so life's busy.

I'm here to show people my build but mostly looking for advice from you knowledgeable Datsun guys so chime in whenever you can please!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Noooooo! Don't shave the bumpers! Other than that looks good.

Haha I need to! I love the way it looks all smoothed out. I'm gonna make at least something for the rear tho. Some like T shaped bars on the bumper mounts so the body doesn't get smashed in the case of being rear ended

• 2 weeks later...

So of course as soon as I finally get in the garage i become super busy with everything. But I got a couple things done the other night. Nothin big.

What i wanted to do first was hear the engine run and I think all i need to do is get a new starter on there. So I took the starter off and was putting in a spare L6 starter in but it was hitting a bolt sticking out of the side of the block. When i tried screwing it in further it wouldn't budge so I tried taking it out and it stripped! I'm just gonna grind it off and then drill/tap once i get the engine out to rebuild. Also took off the front bumper, fenders and headlights so i can start the body work.

heres the bolt im talking about..

IMAG0084.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

Got my exhaust out. Took some muscle. And heres what the interior looks like, just leaving the carpet cuz its glued and looks good anyway. Its also all covered in fat mat which i was stoked to see.

IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

Im gonna add some more fat mat to the trunk and inside the rear quarters.

thtas a nice exhaust and like the resonator also.

maybe ge the exhaist manifold and Y pipe cermanic coated. I would if I ever have to do it again. It make them last longer also.shoot the ceramic inside the pipe

Thanks. The muffler is blown so Im gonna buy another turbo one like that, and Im also using an after market header pictured above so i wont have that y pipe. But Ive been thinking about getting that ceramic coated, it would definitely be nice! I dont really know where to go or what a good price for it is though. Gotta look into it.