kingpin lower control arm

Sparks

i have a 77 620 and am having trouble swapping the lower control arm. the pin that connects the lower control arm to the hub doesnt seem to be able to come out. i noticed there was a stud sticking out with a nut on it that i thought was keeping the bolt with two threaded ends in place. i attempted to remove the stud but ended up hacking it up. i need some help with how to disassemble these parts so i can install my straight control arm on my truck.

misspelled the title i see. kingpin lower control arm it should say

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be nice having a kit for this but all i have is a parts truck. i was able to remove the tapered pin with a little heat and ran out of daylight before i could get it all put back together. its going to be tough getting the pin back in without damaging the threads.

The lower fulcrum pin has a flat spot on it that aligns with the bottom of the king pin. Once ligned up slip the cotter pin in and tap gently until the threads are showing. It'll be fine.

40023 B5000 is the Nissan Pt. No. for the cotter pin. About $4, or just get from a hardware store.

• 3 months later...

I just got my spindles back from the machine shop from a kingpin job and i am having a bit of trouble getting that cotter pin back in. i have already had to rethread one of them, have any tips or anything for putting them in or aligning the fulcrum pin? and just in case i mess them up again, is it possible to get these any where?