New member-82 B310 coupe

Chris M.

hey guys, I am Chris. I am 21.. I live in east TN..I have always been into the older imports..cars I have owned. 1992 acura integra ls. bolt-ons, 90 Nissan 240sx hatch. bolt-ons, 89 Nissan 240sx coupe...I now have a 82 B310 with 104xxx original miles..I do not know much about these cars, I just got it to my house today, it drove but had no brakes, I cannot find parts or any locals with datsuns other than Z's..and to be honest I am not familiar with the terminology for these cars..My goal for this is to keep it clean..and get the oem stuff back on track before I start thinking of any mods..I am a window tinter so I think the first day without snow I am going black on it..I will be posting picures soon...I am wondering what is universal with other models and how to locate parts..all help is appreciated

pics

Copyofdatsun008.jpg

datsun003.jpg

Copyofdatsun009.jpg

datsun013.jpg

datsun006.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome bud! << Owner of a B310 hatch. Post pics cool.gif

check rockauto.com for parts when needed!

Thank you, that will help out a ton..its 12:45pm so pics will be coming tomorrow..I want to clean it up a little bit..it was last tagged in 02 but I hooked a battery up, put a little gas in the carb and it fired right up..I am going to do a fluid change on it this week, it will be a dd when I get more money and time to put in it....is there any popular rwd swaps for these?

take pics before you wash it so you can see how far it come along. and welcom

Thanks, and I sure will..It wont be long I promise, very minor rust on the passenger side rear flare and a quarter sized spot on the back of the roof...the hood was beat down by someone who didnt know there was a latch so it sits kinda funny but I am going to take it off and straighten it out..but, pics to come asap

engine bay..I need the hose from the intake that runs down to the exhaust manifold..dont know what it is or does but mine wasn't even connected

datsun017.jpg

Copyofdatsun010.jpg

Copyofdatsun009.jpg

I need the chrome and rubber for about all the windows

Copyofdatsun020.jpg

Copyofdatsun022.jpg

Copyofdatsun021.jpg

I also need the passenger side rear window visor

Copyofdatsun023.jpg

Copyofdatsun019.jpg

car has a long way to go before I can say I am satisfied..c&c welcome and appreciated

is there any popular rwd swaps for these?

No sir. There are exactly zero popular or common swaps for these cars, as no one builds them (they are neither popular or common cars), or performs engine swaps in them. :unsure:

And converting it to RWD will require TONS of fab work. If you want RWD you'd be better off selling it and buying a 210 (aka B310). The 210 and 310 are basically the same car, except the 210 is RWD and the 310 is FWD).

Don't get me wrong, it could be really cool, especially since it's the coupe version. Some had a cool wide stainless trim that ran up the sides (b-pillar) and over the top. Done right it could really be something.

If you are a good welder/fabber I suppose you could swap in a FWD SR20DET? :cool:

Interesting side note, the later E15 engines were available with EFI. ;)

It feeds hot air off of the exhaust manifold up to the breather so in cold weather the engine breathes warmer air than ambient. You don't "need" it, but you can buy these from any parts store. It's called a "heat riser tube".

engine bay..I need the hose from the intake that runs down to the exhaust manifold..dont know what it is or does but mine wasn't even connected

datsun017.jpg

Thanks datsunfreak, you seem to know your datsuns...so, correct me if I am wrong but this is a rare car right?..and finding a parts car in the states is going to be fun,

Very rare. They weren't big sellers when new, and their fragile transmissions sent a lot of them to the junkyard early. Finding parts could prove quite difficult. :mellow:

I read that they changed the 310 in september? of 82..this is very confusing..mine is from 6/82..

If you mean changed from the RWD 210 to the FWD 310, no sir. The 210 and 310 were sold right along side each other, from '79 to '82.

If not that, exactly what did you mean? :D