Low Mileage "Lite Cactus Green" Project

DatDoug

Hi my name is Doug & Im a Datsunaholic. What the $#@% is wrong with me?! Its not like I even was looking fo one! Some dude I met once called me & asked if I would buy his truck. Everyone knows I have this disease! :blink:

Anyway enuff of my issues. Heres this 74 Pea Green 620 that i picked up today. Its all pretty stock & someone had already started the body work on it. Stock 4 speed with stock L18. Very str8 body & almost zero rust! :D

My plans are to jack up the front end cuz I really love them big allterrain tires & then find an old canopee to put on then primer black it put on the old iron back bumper, some big camper mirrors & maybe a CB with a huge wip antennae :o

PICS

downsized_0115111622.jpg

downsized_0115111621.jpg

OH & I NEED TO WELD THE HOOKS BACK ON :blink:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My plans are to jack up the front end cuz I really love them big allterrain tires & then find an old canopee to put on then primer black it put on the old iron back bumper, some big camper mirrors & maybe a CB with a huge wip antennae :o

Rather than Primer black, what about bedliner :wacko:

Oh and you could use the big Iron bumper off the KC

HI DOUG you're fine....

I have 9 datsuns in my yard/shp/other places... and 2 antique Nissans...

Its when you start cutting your Datsuns with Cheby engines or Mazda Rotaries that you get fucked up... keep your "Datsun" pure and you'll be feeling fine in no time.

• 5 weeks later...

So I have been working on this lil truck for the last 3 months trying to get it running & driving. All new brakes, gas tank, shocks, clutch slave & master, weber carb, & lowered 3". I still have a lot to do but now it goes up to Chimicum so Kenny B can do the bodywork on it & get it ready for paint.

Here is a shot of it in the garage with a couple of interested onlookers watching :-)

downsized_0126111658.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok heres where I take over this build for now. Datdoug brought her up to me to do all the body work and get it in primer and all ready to spray. Overerall its a pretty straight truck, but the p/o did some odball things to it, used tin home heating duct tape and cheap filler to "shave" the bedseams and mirror holes, and did some other filler work thats wavy as f@#$. So ill get it all outta there and redo it so its nice and good.

And of course heres some pics, only got a few cus my phone died on me.

The truck as Datdoug brought it to me

0219011343.jpg

Removed the grill, bumper, and other desireable stuff to keep it safe and outta the way

0226012100.jpg

Started grinding out the p/o's "bodywork"

0226012115a.jpg

0226012115.jpg

• Like 1