fixing up the old 720 4x4

steve g

<br><br>I have the H190 rearend... which is 4.11s i think? And if it is, what do you recommend doing to fix the problem? I know gear kits for the H190 for the 720 are like $650 from A/C and those are 4.625's<br>I do have a new genuine nissan clutch in it, (I just had a brand new Z22 put in it with weber 32/36 carb, and replaced the clutch)<br>If you are making fender flares, what design did you have in mind? ( you mentioned a different size or something) Otherwise, I found those bushwhacker flares just like yours (after like a year... FINALLY!!) for around $250.<br><br>And another question... Are you on the 4x4parts.com discussion board?

your h190 most likely has 4.36 ratio... good but could be better... a z22 with a weber is a good combo because you can peak the motor out a little better on hills.

if you found the flares for $250...i would do it.... the ones i am thinking of making will be slightly enlarged to clear the tires better.

I buy from 4x4parts.com but rarely use the forum

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<br><br>I have the H190 rearend... which is 4.11s i think?

your h190 most likely has 4.36 ratio...

Steve's right about the early 720 4x4 ratio. You can check it by looking on the tag on the inner passenger side fender below the hood hinge.

Here's my '82 tag. Down at the bottom right is HF43 This is the differential info H = solid axle, F = likely ring gear diameter (190mm) and 43 is 4.375. An HF41 would be 4.11, an HF39 is 3.90 and so on.

720Large2.jpg

i wonder how well a pathy front would fir. i know the lsd rear i picked up has 4.6xxx so the front would have the same. it took half a day and a sawzall to convert to leaf, but the front wold likely need some rewelding of mounts and likely new drivelines. im paying 350 $ for my rear d line, but if you know someone you could pay 150$, and im sure with it being a newer rig, more gearsets would be available for cheaper.

the color is fantastic, i love how the canopy matches perfectly. frame, not so pretty, but sounds like you got that handled

i wonder how well a pathy front would fir. i know the lsd rear i picked up has 4.6xxx so the front would have the same. it took half a day and a sawzall to convert to leaf, but the front wold likely need some rewelding of mounts and likely new drivelines. im paying 350 $ for my rear d line, but if you know someone you could pay 150$, and im sure with it being a newer rig, more gearsets would be available for cheaper.

the color is fantastic, i love how the canopy matches perfectly. frame, not so pretty, but sounds like you got that handled

Thanks... I painted it the same color as my 64 falcon i had... but it came out much darker for some reason even though i mixed it exactly the same (so i thought)

The shell was an 85-86 dealer option made by snugtop.....

The frame is discusting and was the reason why i had not installed the body lift until now... i am having nerfs made along with a disk brake c-200 with lsd (keep it all nissan 720)a factory brushguard and an engine swap all at the same time hopefully... also going to lower it down 2 inches or so because im having too many front suspension problems.

Steve's right about the early 720 4x4 ratio. You can check it by looking on the tag on the inner passenger side fender below the hood hinge.

Here's my '82 tag. Down at the bottom right is HF43 This is the differential info H = solid axle, F = likely ring gear diameter (190mm) and 43 is 4.375. An HF41 would be 4.11, an HF39 is 3.90 and so on.

720Large2.jpg

Thanks for the information!! Thats good to know. Il have to take a look at the tag