DD/Track KA Powered 4 Door 510

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vid of my buddy driving the 510.  We're going to Laguna on the 23rd... that will most likely be the last track day in this car.  Haven't driven there with the new sway bar, and it will be nice going through the corkscrew without worrying about busting a half shaft u joint and dying a violent death ha.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Should the thread be locked so people dont ask a dead guy questions or leave unlocked to see if random bumos will keep a good build thread relevant?

His bro might take over the build and keep it alive........

......tough to get back into things after a loss......

My condolences..........

• Like 3

I'll update it with more after we figure out a few other things in life. Pops and I are planning on putting the rubber motor mounts back in (Chris and I were going to do that for him anyways), carpet kit once we figure out what to go with, swap to more comfortable seats so he can DD it, window felt I picked up a couple months ago, then eventually body and paint + restore the Panasports.

• Like 3
  • 5 months later...

R.I.P. my Son.    I am Chris's Dad. Chris was my best friend and best Son anyone could ever ask for!  I still have his 510. I plan on keeping it and finishing it up. We did all the work on his 510 together. I will update this thread as I get going on it. 

• Like 3
  • 10 months later...

Picked up a new daily, which means the 510 can finally sit while I do a bunch of stuff to it.  Yussss.

Next to my dad's Speed 3. 

1ZNZTk9.jpg

510 is getting more camber, caster, (DP Camber plates and custom offset front control arm bushings) new front rotors, brake ducts, window seals and CV axles.  Some small things here and there...

Hoping to make it to Buttonwillow in May... ever since they repaved that track I've been dying to drive it! 

Very nice build. Definitely makes me wanna go out and work on my 510! 

What did you mean by offset control arm bushings? Are they meant to raise the pivot point up? Where did you get them, or do you have a photo for reference?