620's UNITE !!!!!!!!!

dat77sun

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so ive been seeing all these showing of threads for all the cars and was wondering, wtf why isnt there one for the 620??? so im starting one :rolleyes: ill start of by posting mine...1977 datsun 620 KC, l20b, 4 spd (soon to be 5 spd) alsoo if anyone is interested in my build thread its in my signature so enjoy!!! :D

DSCF4536.jpg

DSCF4537.jpg

DSCF4538.jpg

DSCF4526.jpg

DSCF4596.jpg

i would love to post more photos ,but i cant find the way to load them! im not the best with this mac.blink.gif

• Like 1

Here is my 1973 PL620, a.k.a. Butterscotch

IMG_0042.jpg

Currently awaiting freshly rebuilt L20b. Assembled the bottom end last night, gonna grind the valve seats today and start putting the head together. Motor will consist stock block, U67 head, single 45dcoe, 4-2-1 cast ext. manifold, and '82 stanza dist.

IMG_0091-a.jpg

Chassis has Fineline front disc, 300zx master, removed bottom leaf from the rear to soften her up, and some poly-graphite bushings.

IMG_0094.jpg

Wheel and tires are 15x7.5(unknown off-sets) with 215/75-15 all-terrains.

_IGP2955.jpg

Interior is pretty ghetto, but I like it that way, if it appears as if there is nothing of value, then the chance of someone breaking into her is less, deception is the key. The bench seat is torn, and the dash is cracked to all hell, and the steering wheel is a lovely wooden Nardi! The stereo consists of an amp mounted up behind the seat into which I directly plug my i-pod, speakers are in the kick panel, and under the seat.

IMG_0063-1.jpg

Gauges are some random bits ive collected, nothing matches, but they work. I like having the engine vacuum gauge, think of it as a fuel economy/how well your motor is running gauge.

IMGP0997.jpg

The body is all beat-up, with original paint and lots of stickers, I will never paint her. I like being able to use and drive my truck without the fear of scratching up my nice new paint job. It is a truck after all. Plus the original paint is friggin' hardcore!

I mounted two ammo boxes in the bed one per side, they work great for tool, tie-down/rope, spare parts, and that all ways useful extra gallon of gas storage.

IMG_0013.jpg

Butterscotch is my daily driver, my art, work truck, therapist, exploration device, and one of my loves. I purchased her when I was 19, she had 73,000 on the odometer, and had been resting in a barn for the previous 15 years. Before this truck I had blown threw six vehicles in four years. Thats a testament to the sturdiness and ease of repair of the 620, well that and I have chilled out a little in my twenties.

IMG_0012a.jpg

I cant wait to drop in that rebuilt mill and take her for a spin!

_IGP2211.jpg

Thanks Dead Monkey, the shots are all single exposure, just super long exposures, with light painting, photography,(particularly night shots) are a hobby. Butterscotch has been a test bed for alot of experimental shots, such as the ones above. I only just started to use photoshop for lighting corrections. Check out my flickr if yah wanna see more.

Here is a link to the Slow Shutter Speed set:Slow Shutter Speed

Off to assemble the head I go!

Also the ammo boxes fit damn near perfect, they flush up great with the inner fender wells, and are just a little below the tops of the bed rails. A personal favorite.

Here is my 1973 PL620, a.k.a. Butterscotch

IMG_0042.jpg

Currently awaiting freshly rebuilt L20b. Assembled the bottom end last night, gonna grind the valve seats today and start putting the head together. Motor will consist stock block, U67 head, single 45dcoe, 4-2-1 cast ext. manifold, and '82 stanza dist.

IMG_0091-a.jpg

Chassis has Bebanni front disc. conversion, 300zx master, removed bottom leaf from the rear to soften her up, and some poly-graphite bushings.

IMG_0094.jpg

Wheel and tires are 15x7.5(unknown off-sets) with 215-75-15 all-terrains.

_IGP2955.jpg

Interior is pretty ghetto, but I like it that way, if it appears as if there is nothing of value, then the chance of someone breaking into her is less, deception is the key. The bench seat is torn, and the dash is cracked to all hell, and the steering wheel is a lovely wooden Nardi! The stereo consists of an amp mounted up behind the seat into which I directly plug my i-pod, speakers are in the kick panel, and under the seat.

IMG_0063-1.jpg

Gauges are some random bits ive collected, nothing matches, but they work. I like having the engine vacuum gauge, think of it as a fuel economy/how well your motor is running gauge.

IMGP0997.jpg

The body is all beat-up, with original paint and lots of stickers, I will never paint her. I like being able to use and drive my truck without the fear of scratching up my nice new paint job. It is a truck after all. Plus the original paint is friggin' hardcore!

I mounted two ammo boxes in the bed one per side, they work great for tool, tie-down/rope, spare parts, and that all ways useful extra gallon of gas storage.

IMG_0013.jpg

Butterscotch is my daily driver, my art, work truck, therapist, exploration device, and one of my loves. I purchased her when I was 19, she had 73,000 on the odometer, and had been resting in a barn for the previous 15 years. Before this truck I had blown threw six vehicles in four years. Thats a testament to the sturdiness and ease of repair of the 620, well that and I have chilled out a little in my twenties.

IMG_0012a.jpg

I cant wait to drop in that rebuilt mill and take her for a spin!

_IGP2211.jpg

dude i love your truck, becuase it isnt low, and looks like you offroad it, im gonna do my truck like that i think, im not really into lowriders, im into 4x4's :)

• Like 1

Thanks dat77sun, just keep in mind with the oversized tires, and aggresive off-road driving that you are going to be wearing everything out quicker. I speak from experience. These datsuns were meant for little tiny tires and light to mild driving, not flying over ruts at 60, and sideways around every corner, it wears them out.

They are sturdy, but not without maintenance.

Also the truck isnt actually raised that much, just a bit in the front. It's mostly the tires that give it its stance.

• Like 1

Thanks dat77sun, just keep in mind with the oversized tires, and aggresive off-road driving that you are going to be wearing everything out quicker. I speak from experience. These datsuns were meant for little tiny tires and light to mild driving, not flying over ruts at 60, and sideways around every corner, it wears them out.

They are sturdy, but not without maintenance.

Also the truck isnt actually raised that much, just a bit in the front. It's mostly the tires that give it its stance.

yea, ive owned alot of 4x4's, what size tires are you running?