so finally a B210 in GA. i love these cars after seeing a couple on here. but of course there is a catch, he wants 3000 for it! no mods or anything, and it says needs machanical and engine work. what is this guy thinking? what do you guys think it is really worth? i want the car but i would never pay that much. i can wait, i am betting he will have it for a while. thanks

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/552172712.html

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"just the shell can go for as much as 2500" :D

IDIOT, I say. Those cars are rare because nobody wanted them and scrapped them all. A shell can go for as much as free. A guy in Washington wants $3500 for a better B210. He'll never sell it. He can ask all he wants. A running and straight B210 might actually sell for $500.

Let him keep the car. Its worth more to him than anyone else.

3000 grand is too steep, i would pass on this one. it took me a little over a year to find mine, and i paid 700 for it. i was also way more picky, i wanted 74 or 75 since these years are smogged excempt in cali. i looked at other bee's for far less money and in worse shape. i would look a little more.

the more time goes by the more money these cars are going to be worth. i personally bought this car to build, drag, and drift, so the value of the car to me is nothing. i buy cars to have fun with them.

this one is far from mint, or low miles! peaple in GA are crazy when selling datsuns. if it's a truck they don't even know if its a 521 or 620, and they get the years wrong etc. i emailed about a 620 that is not as nice as mine{i got for 100 bucks} and the guy get all pissy when i offered 300. he said he knows what the truck is worth, but will not give a price, just ask for best offer.

bleach are you talking about that honey bee that was on craigslist recently for $3500? still had the honeycomb hub caps on it. jesse james bought one of those years ago. i wonder what he paid for his. says it was minty and stock. i thik he was spinning the tires on a monster garage episode.

bleach are you talking about that honey bee that was on craigslist recently for $3500? still had the honeycomb hub caps on it. jesse james bought one of those years ago. i wonder what he paid for his. says it was minty and stock. i thik he was spinning the tires on a monster garage episode.

they put a vg35 from the 350z in it. that was the first time i ever saw a honey bee.

Actually, the B210 "graphics package" was called the "Honey Bee". As far as I know, only yellow B210s with the graphics were considered "Honey Bees".

If, IF I ever get my B210 running again (the A14 broke a ring and destroyed a cylinder wall, my "spare" A14 turned out to have bad valves) I was planning to wrap yellow vinyl stripes around the tail (like the Dodge Rumble Bee) but put a little honey bee graphic there. The car is black, but used to be yellow...

Then I should drive it to my Sister's and put it up for sale for $2500! (she lives in St. Pete, FL)

so finally a B210 in GA. i love these cars after seeing a couple on here. but of course there is a catch, he wants 3000 for it! no mods or anything, and it says needs machanical and engine work.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/552172712.html

FWIW, I just bought one in nearly the same condition for $200. It need the brakes redone, but runs perfect and looks good too.

But I'm waiting on some Jap-spec bumpers before I do anything with it... :D

b210_1973.jpg

50 MPG? I doubt that also. The newer CRX HF models maybe got close to that but not an old Datsun.

I bought a new '76 B-210 (not the hatch back one). I only remember getting under thirty MPG a few times. Got well into the forties on long trips. 50 MPG (US) is 60 MPG (Canadian). So bull shit to that!!!!! Don't forget this is EPA standards that were from 30 years ago. They were not tested in real life conditions back then, some were on a dyno with special fuels not available at the pumps, perfectly tuned up. It was crap.

A good, reliable, tough little car that was good on gas and fun to drive. But rusted out in 5-6 years.

charlie: it is my experience that it doesn't matter if it's a datsun or not, cars of a slight vintage in this area are just stupid expensive... and it gets worse the older the car... and like 'aholic said, florida is just as bad, altho down there datsuns might fall under the radar. there's a much higher focus on 90's imports (specifically hondas and nissans, thanks street racing). there is a guy that lives in stpete, a few blocks from where i grew up, that for whatever reason and through whatever channels would come across datto trucks. he'd clean em, tune em and turn big profits. it helped his house was on the corner of a super busy intersection... but for some reason the trucks would sell quickly and you'd never see them again. he never had a datto as a dd for the 12+ years i lived near him.

as far as the general price of cars in the southeast... i blame ignorance, barret jackson, and people with more money than brains. it's not hard to find a poorly restored vehicle from the 60's for sale in the 20k+ range... heaven forbid it be a professional top to bottom restoration... with matching numbers!! super rare!! only 50000 made... the average buyer and seller around here don't know anything.

sorry for a rant...

on another note: what's the deal with the "excellent" taillights? (orange/red model)

1708.jpg

Guest DatsuNoob

Those taillights are cool! One of my kiwi buddies I used to work with had a 120y with the same taillights. I only saw pictures though. I wouldn't mind owning a B210, but I'd have to opt for the 2 door sedan, not so big on the hatchbacks.