• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a 80% .308 SR25 lower I am considering letting go.

I was going to machine it out but it would take a while to accumulate all the parts to make it run.

What brand of lower?

Machine it out and let the parts kit be someone else's problem.

It requires an FFL to sell/buy if machined.

Its not machined.

Its one of my billet bodies.

I understand that. What manufacture is it. If you want to sell it I may be interested in it. 

...only if you do paperwork....

haha isn't that the whole point of an 80% lower to begin with?

I took the Saiga 12 to the range today to see if it was going to cycle reliably.  I loaded up the magazine, chambered a round, and blasted the target.  "Yeah!" I said to myself, "That's what I'm talkin' about!"  Unfortunately, when I pulled the trigger a second time... nothing.  "SON OF A MOTHER FU...!  Oh wait, I forgot I can adjust the gas plug."  After opening up the gas plug to setting three (it's a six position DPH Arms plug), the gun ran just fine.  I am quite pleased with the thing.  So, yeah.  Just thought I'd share.  Have a day.

Oh, the Tavor ran great with the Geissele trigger the other day as well.  I forgot to come back to report that.

• Like 2

I want to send my saiga to tromix, any one have any experience?

I've used some Tromix parts, but I've always done the work myself to convert them... ok, I did have the gas ports on one drilled by Texas Shooter's Supply, but any and all conversions, I have done.  Kalashnikov-pattern guns are pretty "idiot proof" internally, and I am living proof of it!  If you can keep a Datsun running, you can *probably convert a Saiga!  Hell, I'd be willing to bet that somewhere in the world, someone has used Datsun parts to build a Kalashnikov!  (*Lawyers, note the qualifier there and don't sue me!)

• Like 2

I don't doubt that I could do the conversion, I just lack the time and facilities.

I'm also wanting to build a more operator friendly ak, longer fore arm left side non reciprocating charging handle, longer sight radius that sort of thing. I'm just not sure if I want to use my m70ab2 or get a good ol Romy wasr.

worked on the high point tonight polished the feed ramp tweeked the mags it should no longer jam next time i go to the range 

20150226_224336_HDR_zpsr8acnibp.jpg

20150226_232418_zps2osnlsjl.jpg

also polished the breach 

20150226_232438_zpsgxoqwytr.jpg

also stripped and started polishing the slide 

20150227_040703_zps7fpmy2xg.jpg

20150227_040739_zpshqqfzspy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...