• Please log in to reply
2508 replies to this topic

#2501 Jesse C.

Jesse C.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts
  • Cars:72 Datsun 510 2 Door, '08 Nissan Xterra

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:42 AM

can you maintain control over the parts you're removing?

Of course, they are just parts once they are removed off the gun and not features. It is once you attach them to the rifle that they help comprise the "Assault Weapon" 

So if I should move out of state or if these stupid laws get reversed, I could re-attach them. Or I could also sell them out of state. 

I am allergic to some pet hair, dust, avocados and annoying motherfuckers ! :)

#2502 q-tip

q-tip

shark-tip

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,283 posts
  • Cars:72 ka'd 4dr 76 620KC

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:12 AM

Sell them in state and make that gray market money.

I yeald to the wisdom of Q on this one.

Fuck!!!!!!!! I guess QTip was right...

#2503 DaBlist

DaBlist

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,564 posts
  • Cars:Had 521 & 1200, Now 71 Chevy SWB, 72 BMW, 2010 Tahoe

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:55 PM

tumblr_ogdnf1IOWR1ssryifo1_1280_zpstz5mn

"It's like comparing a wooden roller coaster to a modern modern roller coaster. Without a doubt the modern roller coaster is faster, quieter and smoother. But people still love to ride the wooden roller coasters. The sounds, vibrations, jerks and jolts all add to the experience. Sure a wooden roller coaster may not be as fast, but it's sure a fun ride that can equally scare the crap out of you." - Annette

"is it racist to assume that cauliflower is just white entitled broccoli ?" - jrock

"You spend a lot of time pushing on doors that say pull, don't you?" - mhub91

Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until they speak - www

#2504 a.d._510_n_ok

a.d._510_n_ok

The Head Cheese

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts
  • Cars:1980 Datsun 510 & 1964 Fairlane & 1955 Chevrolet 210

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:00 PM

Leupold Scope Survives 11 Years in Idaho Wilderness

Leupold-660x490-660x490.jpg

Leupold has published images of a Weatherby Mark V rifle found in Idaho wilderness after 11 years of being lost. The rifle is equipped with a Leupold scope and the company claims that it is still fog-free and fully functional. The man who found this rifle brought it to a local sporting goods store, where the store owner identified it as his rifle which he lost 11 years ago during a hunting trip.

As you can see the wooden and steel parts show what time and weather can do. However, the scope looks almost as good as if it was newly installed on the rifle. The most interesting part of this story is that the scope remained sealed. Other than that, it could be expected that there would be no corrosion signs on the scope. Wood and steel are materials sensitive to moisture. So sooner or later the finish will be gone and they will start corroding. However, the major parts of the scope are made of aluminum and glass or polymer materials, which are pretty much resistant to moisture. Even rifle scopes dug out from WW2 battlefields usually have intact glasses despite the broken seal.

http://www.thefirear...ekly Newsletter
Which one of you is a shaved man-baby, flat-billed wearin', mutha fucking Yankees fan?! - flatcat19

He's in frickin Oklahoma ,, how much farther away does he need to be? - bananahamuck

#2505 dimlight65

dimlight65

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Cars:A Smart ForTwo, a Lotus 7, a Datsun 1200, and a Ford Falcon Econoline Van

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:52 PM

"The man who found this rifle brought it to a local sporting goods store, where the store owner identified it as his rifle which he lost 11 years ago during a hunting trip."

Sure, sounds legit!

"It's like a fine cognac... with a hint of aged scrotum"  Bender B. Rodriguez

That color is called Statutory Grape

#2506 q-tip

q-tip

shark-tip

• 14,283 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:25 AM

IMG_20170617_111023_zpsrorrleft.jpg

I shall call him....minime......

#2507 dimlight65

dimlight65

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Cars:A Smart ForTwo, a Lotus 7, a Datsun 1200, and a Ford Falcon Econoline Van

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:50 PM

IMG_20170617_111023_zpsrorrleft.jpg

I shall call him....minime......

I used to have... ok, my dad used to have a Llama .22lr mini 1911 when I was a kid.  I. Loved. That. Gun.  When he died, mom disposed of all the guns (except for a sporterized 7mm Mauser rifle and Browning Auto5 shotgun which my sister rescued somehow).  I was in college... ok, had dropped out of college for a while, at that time and wasn't into guns.  I've been on the lookout for another one at every gun show ever since I got back into shoosting.

#2508 dimlight65

dimlight65

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:57 PM

Also, while I have a stainless 1911 (with purple Hogue grips, of course), that blued one is giving me bad thoughts.  I might see if I can bring one home from this weekend's gun show... of course as soon as I buy a superfluous 1911 I'll find that .22 Llama 1911 and/or Webley Fosbery automatic revolver for which I have been searching!

#2509 q-tip

q-tip

shark-tip

• 14,283 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:05 PM

Mine are both Sig's, 1911 and p938.

A buddy told my to put on some g10 grips to make it more tactical. I told him like and good farm implement it's made of wood and metal, and they're going to stay that way.