7 hours ago, ratpatrol66 said:

No background check or 10 day wait when buying off the street. Just saying this out loud. The anti gunners don't understand this.

Maybe they just can't hear those words, the frequency doesn't register. (sarcasm font)

Here in NM they introduced a waiting period bill that started out with a 14 business day waiting period. That ends up being closer to 3 weeks. Last I heard they shaved it down to 7. I find it somewhat amusing that the politicians in this state think that somehow the criminal element will follow these laws.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, KELMO said:

Maybe they just can't hear those words, the frequency doesn't register. (sarcasm font)

For reference, list of states and their laws regarding private sales. 

https://www.findlaw.com/consumer/consumer-transactions/private-gun-sale-laws-by-state.html

I was a bit surprised by some of these, in both directions...

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, KELMO said:

Here in NM they introduced a waiting period bill... Last I heard they shaved it down to 7. 

Yes, currently at 7. Which surprises me. Didn't know New Mexico was so "blue"...

35 minutes ago, KELMO said:

find it somewhat amusing that the politicians in this state think that somehow the criminal element will follow these laws.

My dad used to always say (and now I always say it too) that a lock is built to keep an honest man honest. If a thief wants what you have, no lock will stop him. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, ratpatrol66 said:

No background check or 10 day wait when buying off the street. Just saying this out loud. The anti gunners don't understand this.

Shoot. I really thought these cun control measures really would stop violence and criminal activity. You mean those politicians weren't being honest to us? /s

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, flatcat19 said:

Shoot. I really thought these cun control measures really would stop violence and criminal activity. You mean those politicians weren't being honest to us? /s

Who would've ever guessed, that criminals would not respect gun laws? The states with the strictest gun laws are the unsafest places to live. A good example is our neighbor Mexico. It is illegal for civilians to own a firearm. But the Cartel is armed to the teeth. Some of them carry 50 Cal rifles and even grenades. The law abiding citizens are left defenseless and under the control of the cartel.

• Sad 1

Vents Open:  (!)   (sorry lost control....

We live in the Make Believe Land of Unicorns and Daffodils where Narcissists have Tea Parties every day.

If you challenge their delusions you will be branded a hater or phobic.

...and they are taking over control.

I'm 71 and wish I could live another 20 because the shit show that is coming will be worth suffering the wait for - and it will all be for free and on TV

NOTE:

RE:  Reddit and Quora:  These are the most dangerous, lunatics can organize on them without giving themselves away like an actual web site/forum like forum.lets-eat-dogs.com

RE:  My 620 5-spd upgrade:  I doubt I'll do it.  Don't have the juice and don't know any place that I'd trust to do it.  Driving a 2010 Ford 6-cyl Escape SUV around and like it - someone needs to take me out behind the barn and  

Vents Closed

Apologies

Tom

Edited by Cardinal Grammeter
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

For reference, list of states and their laws regarding private sales. 

https://www.findlaw.com/consumer/consumer-transactions/private-gun-sale-laws-by-state.html

I was a bit surprised by some of these, in both directions...

Annoyingly for Oregon this "law" was passed in 2015 (before that private sales were allowed). However, it directly violates the Oregon constitution but no one has wanted to be the test case to get it repealed, especially as the state courts are pretty damn biased in a "liberal" direction.

• Sad 1
22 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

Yes, currently at 7. Which surprises me. Didn't know New Mexico was so "blue"...

For all intents and purpose, it isn't. The rural areas are mostly red but a great portion of the cities with the largest population are blue. Voting democrat in this state is more of a family tradition type of thing. It boggles the mind that this state re-elected a governor that locked us down during the plandemic as hard as some of the other hardcore blue states. She is still using her "Emergency Health Orders" to this day.

Seems like this post could work in either guns, destruction, or C-19. Look at me go. 

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

However, it directly violates the Oregon constitution but no one has wanted to be the test case to get it repealed

Oddly enough, came accross something similar here recently...

They passed a concealed carry law here in 1995. Up until then it was legal in your house and car (castle doctrine), but not on your person.

In 1997 they passed the "30.06 law" that allowed any business to post a specific sign forbidding entry by a person carrying a concealed handgun.

In 2016 they passed open carry, which was immediately followed by the "30.07 law" allowing businesses to forbid open carry with a similar sign.

Now here's where it gets interesting. Beginning September 1, 2021, HB1927 made it legal in Texas for most people 21 or over to carry a handgun in a holster without a permit both openly and/or concealed. 

But, due to the very specific verbage in the law/sign (due to when in the timeline it was drafted), the 30.06 and 30.07 laws/signs apply to "licensed to carry" people. And those people only. So technically, those signs no longer apply to anyone carrying without a license (which is perfectly legal). 

Now the issue is that either no one has been fined for carrying without a license in a place with a sign (should be a $200 fine, slap on the wrist), or no one has tried to challenge it in court. Yet.

So no "test case" yet. And I hope I am not the test case. 😋

I used to have a CHL, but it must be renewed every few years. Since passing non-licensed carry, I gave it up because now it just feels like one more tax I have to pay every year, and fuck that noise...

Edited by datsunfreak
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, KELMO said:

For all intents and purpose, it isn't. The rural areas are mostly red but a great portion of the cities with the largest population are blue. Voting democrat in this state is more of a family tradition type of thing.

So it's California. 😄

Or seemingly Maine. Except Maine has sensible gun laws. 👌

• Like 1

Some states should be split in half (my Pennsylvania is one) and others into 3 pieces, California?

Huge mega cities should be City States - NYC dictates what happens to the entire state.

Check out District of Columbia, the murder capital of the USA:  (Yes murder, not gun homicides, and not gun suicides either.)

1920px-Intentional_Homicide_Rate_by_U.S.

Edited by Cardinal Grammeter
38 minutes ago, ratpatrol66 said:

Great example of how gun laws don't work is the recent event in Kansas. Two yutes with a beef at Super Bowl parade shoot it out and kill bystanders.

Exactly. Two underage people who did not legally buy the guns anyway, but the mayor's response is...

Mayor Lucas has joined with mayors across the country in calling for new laws to reduce gun violence, including mandating universal background checks.

Cause that will work...  🙄

The real solution is to ban parades and events that draw a million people into a confined space. And going to something like that is just stupid...

• Like 1

I don’t understand why they just don’t make it illegal to murder people?  Let me dust off my soapbox and use my “appeal to authority” tactic since I’m a retired cop, ex-mil, and was a private military contractor.  

It would be super nice of the government to take enforcement action on the US gov agencies who armed the cartels (see Operation Fast and Furious) and U.S. Gov agencies who created the drug war (see CIA Contra Affair {San Jose Mercury News Article 18 Aug 1996}).  

Further when I was a policeman in 2013 I observed shipping containers filled with Russian Made AK-47s that were being sold by an undercover FBI Agent.  The guns were sold on the street as part of the cover and were not tracked or traced. My conservative estimate is that there were at least 2,000 full auto AK’s and an unknown amount of ammunition in the 40 foot container.  I have even provided sworn testimony on this event and nothing was done. No arrests have been made in that weapons trafficking case in 11 years.

The largest trafficking operations in U.S. history for illegal guns was run by the federal government.  They poured millions of pounds of drugs and over 100,000 guns into our inner cities.  There’s no way I’d hand any gun I have to the U.S. government.  They will not pass a background check.

Personally it’s my belief that every citizen has the right to have a firearm in their home to defend themselves and their family. Anyone who chooses to exercise this right should do so.  Please get some training and regularly shoot the weapon.  If you want to concealed or open carry, please take some classes.  Follow the four rules of gun safety and shoot to eliminate the threat.  

• Like 1
23 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

So it's California. 😄

For all intents and purposes, yes.

As an example, this state passed legislation the MENSA candidates that run this state passed legislation about mandating an EV car sales percentage by 2030 ish.

If something stupid or asinine passed in CA, it won't be long before something similar is passed here.

• Like 1
On 2/16/2024 at 7:10 AM, datsunfreak said:

Oddly enough, came accross something similar here recently...

They passed a concealed carry law here in 1995. Up until then it was legal in your house and car (castle doctrine), but not on your person.

In 1997 they passed the "30.06 law" that allowed any business to post a specific sign forbidding entry by a person carrying a concealed handgun.

In 2016 they passed open carry, which was immediately followed by the "30.07 law" allowing businesses to forbid open carry with a similar sign.

Now here's where it gets interesting. Beginning September 1, 2021, HB1927 made it legal in Texas for most people 21 or over to carry a handgun in a holster without a permit both openly and/or concealed. 

But, due to the very specific verbage in the law/sign (due to when in the timeline it was drafted), the 30.06 and 30.07 laws/signs apply to "licensed to carry" people. And those people only. So technically, those signs no longer apply to anyone carrying without a license (which is perfectly legal). 

Now the issue is that either no one has been fined for carrying without a license in a place with a sign (should be a $200 fine, slap on the wrist), or no one has tried to challenge it in court. Yet.

So no "test case" yet. And I hope I am not the test case. 😋

I used to have a CHL, but it must be renewed every few years. Since passing non-licensed carry, I gave it up because now it just feels like one more tax I have to pay every year, and fuck that noise...

That is actually very interesting, I didn't realize it had been that phrase specific.

I'm of the opinion of course that if concealed carrying the businesses that don't want you to won't know about it anyways. I'm not a fan of open carry myself but I do think it should be legal. 

Oregon wise, outside of the shithole that is Portland (and a few other places), open carry is not that rare and does not require a CHL. I've seen it at the Oregon City Winco of all places a few times and no one cared. 

Portland itself has a weird law against open carry when loaded and is full of enough little bitches that will cause a problem that it is effectively banned there.

• Like 1

The rural(ish) area I live in has a lot of people that open carry. Not too long ago my cousin and I were at a local restaurant and the waitress was open carrying. 

Don't piss her off, she won't spit in yer food, she'll just shoot ya.

Oh, and you really don't hear about any home invasions in this area either.

• Like 1
On 2/18/2024 at 3:55 AM, Dguy210 said:

That is actually very interesting, I didn't realize it had been that phrase specific.

Not sure anyone in the legislature really noticed (or cared) that they fucked this up...

This is the sign everyone has (30.06)...

F8152-B9G.png

This is the sign they "should" have (30.05)...

F8163BI-B9G.png

Honestyly, the only place I go into with a 30.06 sign is the local movie theater. And I keep it very concealed. 

But if you think of all places that I'm going to a movie theater unarmed, that's bullshit.

Also, I am not going to tell them, but they are well out of compliance with their sign. It is supposed to be posted at (or near) eye level. Not 10 feet off the ground.

image.thumb.jpeg.8811dcd68899dafc0dd36500adfdc39d.jpeg

Restaurants/businesses that have the 30.06 sign, I typically do not patronize. This is the only exception. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

Restaurants/businesses that have the 30.06 sign, I typically do not patronize. This is the only exception. 

Yep, no reason to give people who hate you and your values your money.

• Like 1