9 hours ago, flatcat19 said:

Move North. It's worse in Washington. Our legislation just C/Ps anything California puts in place. 

Idaho looking awfully good to me. 

Yeah man... it's nuttier up there for sure. Things have calmed down here since 114 was struck down but they are getting ready to appeal it.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/9/2024 at 6:51 PM, Draker said:

Yeah man... it's nuttier up there for sure. Things have calmed down here since 114 was struck down but they are getting ready to appeal it.

I'd really like store stock to stabilize and get something new in for once. I will say having a CHL and a very rare and unique last name has meant the background check time has been only a few minutes pretty much even when everything was fucked.  Really got an itching for something weird and Calico shaped right now.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, flatcat19 said:

Nah. I have a very rare last name too. My background waiting periods are definitely longer than average. 

Now add in the WA mandatory 10 day minimum. #fml

3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Ten days!!! but I want to shoot someone today!

A Right delayed is a Right denied.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_delayed_is_justice_denied

...and yes I recognize the Homer quote and that was a ridiculous anti-gun propaganda episode.. of course the Simpson's has never been known for firearm accuracy. In The Simpsons, a revolver is loaded with a magazine. : r/shittymoviedetails

Edited by Dguy210
  • Haha 3
On 2/11/2024 at 2:17 AM, Dguy210 said:

I will say having a CHL and a very rare and unique last name has meant the background check time has been only a few minutes pretty much even when everything was fucked.  

Here without a CHL it's maybe 5-6 minutes, shorter with one. 

• Like 2
On 2/9/2024 at 10:25 AM, flatcat19 said:

Move North. It's worse in Washington. Our legislation just C/Ps anything California puts in place. 

Idaho looking awfully good to me. 

Come on down, Boise is trying to go blue, I welcome any pro gun vote

16 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Act in haste, repent at leisure. I guess 10 days is enough to cool down. If you were buying a car or a home what's 10 days???

So the woman buying a handgun to protect her from a stalker ex should wait an extra 10 days?

The bartender taking home his pay and walking through a dangerous part of the city should wait an extra 10 days before being able to protect themselves?*

The homeowner watching rioters burn down their city and getting ever closer to their block should wait an extra 10 days?

When you need protection right now, what is an extra 10 days? It can be the difference between life and death actually.

*actually happened to a friend of mine about 20 years ago, only reason he is still alive is because his brother loaned him a gun and he carried it illegally. 

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

So the woman buying a handgun to protect her from a stalker ex should wait an extra 10 days?

The bartender taking home his pay and walking through a dangerous part of the city should wait an extra 10 days before being able to protect themselves?*

The homeowner watching rioters burn down their city and getting ever closer to their block should wait an extra 10 days?

When you need protection right now, what is an extra 10 days? It can be the difference between life and death actually.

*actually happened to a friend of mine about 20 years ago, only reason he is still alive is because his brother loaned him a gun and he carried it illegally. 

While I agree unreservedly, none of those situations apply to an 18-21 year old trying to buy an AR-15.  😉

Personally (only my opinion), buying long guns for protection is kinda dumb. Pistols seem a hell of a lot easier to use for personal defense.

I would also suggest to each of those 4 people (with zero judgement), be proactive, not reactive. I bought my first rifle at 18, my first pistol at 21. I did not wait until I needed it to buy it. I look at owning a pistol as a necessity in the world we live in, and I go nowhere without it. 

• Like 2

And the internet is the great equalizer. If the ATF wants you to wait, you can buy a gun from someone online with no waiting at all. Peer-to-peer sales are still legal in a lot of states (for now). 

And to be 110% clear, I am not saying I agree with the law, I am only saying I can undertand why they did it. Will it help? Remains to be seen. But see above statement for why I fear it will not...

• Like 2
11 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

While I agree unreservedly, none of those situations apply to an 18-21 year old trying to buy an AR-15.  😉

Personally (only my opinion), buying long guns for protection is kinda dumb. Pistols seem a hell of a lot easier to use for personal defense.

I would also suggest to each of those 4 people (with zero judgement), be proactive, not reactive. I bought my first rifle at 18, my first pistol at 21. I did not wait until I needed it to buy it. I look at owning a pistol as a necessity in the world we live in, and I go nowhere without it. 

hmmm... I can think of one person who might disagree with you there.

merlin_178250748_cc08b3d7-f5fd-47c2-90dc-516189f5515e-superJumbo-4047000761.jpg

I would also suggest to each of those 4 people (with zero judgement), be proactive, not reactive. I bought my first rifle at 18, my first pistol at 21. I did not wait until I needed it to buy it. I look at owning a pistol as a necessity in the world we live in, and I go nowhere without it. 

Agree 100%. 

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 2/13/2024 at 6:21 PM, Dguy210 said:

Don't procrastinate and be prepared if you have concerns about your safety. Then you won't have to wait ten days if a situation arises. 

• Like 2
On 2/13/2024 at 7:21 PM, Dguy210 said:

Well you can take this as a heads up for the rest of you who don't currently own a fire arm. If it's even crossed your mind that at some point you might want to get one. Buy it now. Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it, as they say. Or move to AZ. Here you can buy a gun at the local grocery store parking lot...😆 and you don't need to register it in your name. You also don't need a concealed weapons permit.  

In your example with the woman and her ex. Most women stay with there abusive partners for years before they finally wise up and leave. If your in an abusing relationship now. Buy a gun today and store it somewhere safe that nobody knows about. 

Aside from that all of these scenarios are on you. You waited too long IMO.

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, IZRL said:

Well you can take this as a heads up for the rest of you who don't currently own a fire arm. If it's even crossed your mind that at some point you might want to get one. Buy it now. Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it as they say. Or move to AZ. Here you can buy a gun at the local grocery store...😆 and you don't need to register it in your name. You also don't need a concealed weapons permit.  

In your example with the woman and her ex. Most women stay with there abusive partners for years before they finally wise up and leave. If your in an abusing relationship now. Buy a gun today and store somewhere safe that nobody knows about. 

Aside from that all of these scenarios are on you. You waited too long IMO.

Obviously I believe people should own weapons to protect themselves and theirs.

However, I also believe the government (local or fed) shouldn't be able to tell us how to exercise our enumerated rights.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

Obviously I believe people should own weapons to protect themselves and theirs.

However, I also believe the government (local or fed) shouldn't be able to tell us how to exercise our enumerated rights.

I'm just glad we still have the second amendment mostly intact.  Millions upon millions of Americans go their entire lives without ever owning or needing a gun. So getting a gun is never an "emergency" IMO . In fact I think a large number of the population now days, don't have the correct mindset or discipline it takes to own one. All those examples you gave couldn't and shouldn't even attempt to use that gun for self defense even if they could get it that same day. Not until they put some time into either taking a firearms class. Or at minimum having a seasoned gun owner teach them the ropes. And then put some time at the range. Run at least a hundred rounds through their firearm, the more the merrier.  Who's to say that woman doesn't accidentally shoot her son, an innocent bystander, or even herself, trying to defend herself from her ex. Again get a gun now before you "feel" its an emergency. Is all you can do.

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 1