L16!!! Fuggin Pulleys dont line up!!! WTF?!?

GOLSETH

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Im not sure what is wrong but im going to look at an L16 tonight to compare pulleys and water pumps. i think i have the wrong waterpump... thats the only thing i can think of. The crank and alt line up and sit in front of the water pump pulley so spacing the crank and alt would only make the gap worse and seeing as Nissan/Datsun never put a spacer on the water pump pulley its got to be the water pump itself right? who knows when youre dealing with something from the age of FUNK! Thanks for the fast replies and input guys!

a3f02b38.jpg

That pulley comes off the water pump. put some washers in there to pull it away from the motor.

.... The crank and alt line up and sit in front of the water pump pulley so spacing the crank and alt would only make the gap worse and seeing as Nissan/Datsun never put a spacer on the water pump pulley its got to be the water pump itself right?

A spacer under the pulley would move it forward into alignment.

The pulley is bolted on and is likely the wrong one.

Thanks. I understand that I could put a spacer on the water pump pulley but don't really want to. It never came with a spacer from the factory so I want to do it right. The way it was originally built. And the story is I just bought this truck in the beginning of December and I don't know shit about Datsuns or L16's. I got a water pump off another L16 tonight so tomorrow after work I'm going Yo swap them and see how it looks! Thanks for all your help guys!

• 4 years later...