F22c in 510

NOTES...

Ok... So to Finally Start my build Thread..... Body is a 71' 510 Coupe and The motor is a 2004 S2000 with 46k

Parts I Already Have for the Car

- Haltech Stand-Alone System

- Walbro 255

- Skunk2 Pro series Stage 2 Cams

- 280zx Struts

Already Made the mounts... Solid BTW.. Cut the Crossmember but still need to reinforce it from the back cuz of the Oil Pan Sump... Motor is In Already...

What i had to do to Make it Fit

- Cut The Firewall for Tranny Clearance and the Tunnel..

- Made custom Tranny/Motor Mount

- Chopped Front of Crossmember to Set Motor in

510-2-1.jpg

5101-1.jpg

Still Need to do the Dash... Accesories Harness.. Suspension.. Wheels... Radiator.. And Such...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And re-inforce that crossmember!!!!! ............ that looks like a big notch cut out of the middle of the crossmember ..... :blink:

Here is a link to the only S2000 510 project thread on Ratsun:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/5948-the-510-and-s2000-love-tale/page__hl__s2000%20tale

^^ lot's of good pics,, but his crossmember looks scary too ...... :mellow:

Yeah.. Crossmember isnt close to being done... Just cut it so i can set motor in to get oil pan clearance... Gonna do the crossmember from the rear so it goes around the sump... And i have been thinkin about adding a little rubber "Gasket" type deal between mounts...

A gasket won't do anything as the vibtration just goes through the bolt. i'd either leave as is and put up with lots of vibration and possible cracking or if your wanting a real stiff mount check out the way i've done my mounts

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/25417-nicks-4-door-b110-sedan/

I used nolathane datsun b110 leaf spring front eye bushes and they fit perfectly in i *think* 1.5"NB tube. i can't remember exactly what size it is. But I didn't have to machine the tubes, It was just some stock tube I had lying round.

With those mounts the motor does not move at all! There will still be vibration but nothing like a solid mounted motor and if it is too bad I can change to rubber bushes.

Anyway just a suggestion.

• 1 month later...

Ok... I know its been a while but workin two jobs and only having sundays off makes it a bit tough to work on it all the time... So yesterday i Started cuttin the oil pan where the bell housing is for the steering clearance.. and i found a belt for the motor since i took off the a/c..... I hope i get more time to continue.. Also got some rear disc brackets for the 280 rear brakes but havent installed them yet.. :(

startcutting.jpg

TheCut.jpg

NoACbelt.jpg