Fender mounted mirrors

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link, ill check it out, i guess i can just measure where they are in the pictures, and hope i get them in the right spot. Also does anybody have part numbers from the mirrors? or a site to find them? im guessing ill just have to hunt the internet, but having dial-up sucks:lol:

• Like 1
Guest DatsuNoob

I see the "JDM" style bullet mirrors on ebay all the time. I've seen 'em for about $150 a pair to as low as $65 a pair. I dont know if there's any difference. Hainz also told me that B&B auto parts has some cool reproduction round mirrors for fairly cheap. Do you know if there are any JY's in your area that have really old cars? Personally, I dig the tiny, up high, "peep" mirrors, or the round side mirrors from the 60's thunderbirds. The base looks similar to the stock square 620 mirrors, but round instead. Some of the old Mopar ones look pretty cool too.

since you asked the question I figured you had the mirrors already. Those are actually really hard to find. And if you do find them, they're not cheap.

The auto parts stores sell bullet mirrors for much cheaper but the pedistal they are mounted on is not as tall as you might like for a fender mirror. They are actually made to be mounted on the door.

when i mounted 240z mirrors on my fenders of my 510, i just had a friend holding the mirror while i sat in the car telling him whether to move it or not and then got out to make sure it looked right. then bolted it down. it seems like placement of the mirror matters more on the driver than just a standard measurement.

I havent bought any mirrors yet, mine has 2 diff mirrors atm, as far as using american mirrors, i would prefer jap parts, and the green truck above are almost what i want as far as look wise, If those are american parts those would work, any idea what they are off of?

I see the "JDM" style bullet mirrors on ebay all the time. I've seen 'em for about $150 a pair to as low as $65 a pair. I dont know if there's any difference. Hainz also told me that B&B auto parts has some cool reproduction round mirrors for fairly cheap. Do you know if there are any JY's in your area that have really old cars? Personally, I dig the tiny, up high, "peep" mirrors, or the round side mirrors from the 60's thunderbirds. The base looks similar to the stock square 620 mirrors, but round instead. Some of the old Mopar ones look pretty cool too.

as far as JY around here atm scrap prices by me are at $10.80 for 100 pounds, so all the JY here have junked anything pre 1985 or so. :mad:

the green truck above are almost what i want as far as look wise, If those are american parts those would work, any idea what they are off of?

it is not likely they are from an American car. That green truck is right hand drive. They look like most late 70's fender mirrors from various Japanese cars.

A guy in Thailand has some orange mirrors. I think he has a supply of them new. Not too expensive

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-240Z-510-1200-CELICA-TA22-TE27-FENDER-MIRRORS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33649QQihZ004QQitemZ140205436546QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

he also has good feedback from customers.

240Z mirrors are about $200 a pair from him. (used)

A guy in Thailand has some orange mirrors. I think he has a supply of them new. Not too expensive

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-240Z-510-1200-CELICA-TA22-TE27-FENDER-MIRRORS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33649QQihZ004QQitemZ140205436546QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

he also has good feedback from customers.

I bought a pair like those listed (in black) from that guy, as well as a pair of OE Toyota Starlet fender mirrors. Good prices, easy to deal with, and both pairs were brand new. :cool:

I've always liked fender-mounted mirrors, but I'm scared of getting a pair just because they look like they'd be hard to see into... you'd get a better view of what was around you, and it would eliminate a lot of your blind spots, but I don't think you'd be able to see much detail at all...

This post is worthless without pics. :D

I bought some fender mirrors off ebay hoping to get a good set for the 510, but when these came in, I wasn't really feeling them. So they are just sittin around for now...

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

I run them on my s30

280zx05_t_800x600.jpg

I also just picked up a set for my 521, I'll post some pictures once I get them on the truck. :)

Swastika Rims! I want a set soooo bad

I bought some fender mirrors off ebay hoping to get a good set for the 510, but when these came in, I wasn't really feeling them. So they are just sittin around for now...

DSC00008.jpg

they look like early 80's (smoothed out) They might look right on a 280ZX

Hey guys, I have some JDM rust for sale if you're interested... :mellow: