My new "Toy", 65 Datsun 320 Pick-Up

320Mia

Wow!!!! Guys that is awesome!!! I'm so glad to get the full history..... I bought it 3 1/2 weeks ago and I just got it running. PAC you did a great job in everything you did, and you made it very easy for me to finish ( I owe you).... For now I just want to enjoy it for a few months, especially since I agree with you guys, that it's the nicest for sure in all of Fla. My 7 year boy is my right hand man in all my projects and is totally in love with it. Not only he has washed it like 25 times in 3 weeks (very carefully, he is a pro), but he's says he wants it to be his 1st car ever, lol. However, he knows we are going to sell it sooner than later and we'll move on to the next project. I always give him $100 commission, and he snaps out of it fast. I promise you "Pac" you got 2nd bids, since I'll give "Papo" (my boy) 1st bids, but I doubt he'll be able to afford it. Start saving up cause it's definitely going to be cost you more than the $1200 you sold it for. I'm in it for WAY over that as it stands lol. I'll be posting more pics soon.... Maybe one in South Beach for you guys.... Thanks Again, Eddie...

BTW, I need an oil-pan gasket if anyone can stir me to the right direction, I’ll appreciate it...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I used a MGB 1500 series on my 1959 Datsun. My 'c' engine is the father of your e-series. It was a close fit and I needed to enlarge some of the holes a bit, but it should get you in the ballpark. I haven't drivin the 1959 yes so I am not 100% sure how well it is sealing, but visually they were very close!

You might also try a Nissan J13 engine gasket. Which is the later generation of your E. Try to find pics of it!

Yes sir..heres the answers...

I bought it from the original owner in 04-05

I owned it for several years

I sold it in Jan. 08 for $1200

It had been sitting for a LONG time when i found it & it was a wreck...

I got it running, cleaned it up & primered it white...

then i did the top half black...

I spent hours & hours detailing the inside..painting the frame & axle & the engine bay, painting the dash & making new door panels.

I have more pix i can email you if you like. If you ever wanna sell it I get 1st dibs :D

Talk about a trip down memory lane. :cool:

• 2 months later...

So how did this end up in Utah?

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/30288-65-spotted-in-utah/page__gopid__452568#entry452568

Everyone, please accept apologies for my comments. I was picking it apart due to the seller's high asking price. I've never liked used car lots. Its a way cool truck and my son is already scheming on how to trade my Hilux for it. :D I'd love to have it for a price that I could afford.

0330111422.jpg

0330111423.jpg

Excellent little 320 you got. Seems to be missing the hood trim (hard to find) and the glass fuel bowl filter assembly in the engine compartment. Should be worth quite a bit when you are done...email me at: vindats@yahoo.com if you need 320 parts as I have lots of them. Tana