My new "Toy", 65 Datsun 320 Pick-Up

320Mia

Just bought this truck from a guy who was working on it, but didn't have the funds to finish it. I've never owned a Datsun before and also know very litte about them. From the small research I've found this is supposed to be a rare piece.. What do you guys think? Can you guys tell me about it (example: how many came to the US) ? I'm not plannig on keeping it for a long time. I'm just gonna finish it, have some fun, and when I get bored, it'll go up for sale..... Thanks Eddie (Miami,Florida)

_DSC0172.jpg

_DSC0171.jpg

_DSC0173.jpg

_DSC0187.jpg

_DSC0191.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a clean truck you have there.

What size lowering blocks do you have out back?

Did they remove any leafs?

I need to start working on mine. :(

**edit**

Did that truck come from California?

Looks Familiar ?¿?

Pacific coast datsun comes to mind........

Jefe: What size lowering blocks do you have out back? 2" blocks

Did they remove any leafs? It has 2 leaf... I have no idea what came originally.....

Lil89Ram50: what’s left for you to do?

Right now it's at shop rebuilding the carb, getting a new fabricated Manifold seal, getting the original fuel pump up & going, and tie any loose ends to make it drivable and reliable. Thank God I found a Puerto-rican crew here who live and breathe Datsun's

The Interior needs finishing. The original bench was re-upholster and new door panels were also made, but now it needs a new carpet and door seals

The bed needs to be painted. I was thinking wood as I had a few 60's Chevys and 50's Fords, but I think I might kill the original look it has now.

aNY SUGGESTION???

Wayno: Thanks, i've notice your one of the "Datsun Gurus" and your opinion is much appreciated.... :0)

Wow thats my old 320!! I sold it to a guy in Miami a few years back. I had just painted the roof, dash, & made the door panels when i sold it. Looks really good all 1 color & i see my spikes are still in place. Can you post some interior pix ?

INTERIOR IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION>>>>>IT'LL BE ON BY NEXT WEEK...

_DSC0176.jpg

Wow thats my old 320!! I sold it to a guy in Miami a few years back. I had just painted the roof, dash, & made the door panels when i sold it. Looks really good all 1 color & i see my spikes are still in place. Can you post some interior pix ?

Yo! Are you serious...... This was your truck?

Can you share more history on it?

Where did you get if from, and when?

How long did you have it?

When did you sell it to the guy in Miami?

Thanks for any info you can share.........

Yeah! Pac's truck!! I am so glad it showed back up on Ratsun! As I recall it was sold to a guy and shipped to Fla. The guy wound up getting banned here, but just because of general attitude, and not anything to do with the truck.

He bought the truck to drive for a bit and then flip it in Fla. Not sure if he was the last owner or if there were a few in between.

It is a sweet 320, and prolly the nicest Fla! Congrats!!

Yo! Are you serious...... This was your truck?

Can you share more history on it?

Where did you get if from, and when?

How long did you have it?

When did you sell it to the guy in Miami?

Thanks for any info you can share.........

Yes sir..heres the answers...

I bought it from the original owner in 04-05

I owned it for several years

I sold it in Jan. 08 for $1200

It had been sitting for a LONG time when i found it & it was a wreck...

P1010186.jpg

I got it running, cleaned it up & primered it white...

320passsdlow640.jpg

then i did the top half black...

320bwfrt.jpg

I spent hours & hours detailing the inside..painting the frame & axle & the engine bay, painting the dash & making new door panels.

I have more pix i can email you if you like. If you ever wanna sell it I get 1st dibs :D