DSC02940.jpg

DSC02941.jpg

DSC02943.jpg

DSC02944.jpg

DSC02945.jpg

DSC02946.jpg

DSC02947.jpg

Next Time I See A Nice Datsun

I Will Post OICS, And Only Tell You Where It Is If You Are Serious About Getting The Whole Car :fu:

There Are Quite A Bit Of Yards That I Got To In My Area So Finding Out Where It Is Will Be A Pain In The A5$

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why i dont tell people my finds anymore. I see lots of rare shit. But why post so that one guy can buy the parts cheap and sell them later for an outrageous amount? That car could of been saved.

I recommend that next time post pics but not the cars location. I would rather see it crushed than some guy trying to make a profit from its parts and destroy a survivor...

If the car could not be saved. Then yeah, harvest the Datsun.

Agreed. We need to look out for each other better than this. This was like saying something like, "Hey, there's $1000 sitting in a BRIGHT RED ENVELOPE in the middle of Time's Square!". It's gonna get ugly, and chances are someone's gonna hurt or even killed. In this case, it was the Datsun. To throw a morsel like this out and expect a happy result.. well.. it wasn't gonna happen. :no:

... on the other hand, if you have nothing to lose, and your intent is to just sit back and watch everyone sweat and suffer, then you're sick and belong in a comic book.

the whole front end is gone as of this morning.

This is why i dont tell people my finds anymore. I see lots of rare shit. But why post so that one guy can buy the parts cheap and sell them later for an outrageous amount? That car could of been saved.

DSC02945.jpg

No it's not. Someone needed a grill. Buy it and throw a grill on it and there you are. Get-r-done.

the whole front end is gone as of this morning.

As It Was This Morning: ^_^

DSC02938.jpg

DSC02939.jpg

DSC02940.jpg

DSC02941.jpg

DSC02943.jpg

DSC02944.jpg

DSC02945.jpg

DSC02946.jpg

DSC02947.jpg

Next Time I See A Nice Datsun

I Will Post OICS, And Only Tell You Where It Is If You Are Serious About Getting The Whole Car :fu:

There Are Quite A Bit Of Yards That I Got To In My Area So Finding Out Where It Is Will Be A Pain In The A5$

hey titan troy is this what it looked like when you saw it?

If you guys want bumpers and grills like that, you need to ship them in from Australia. Still a few of those getting around.

I tried that a while ago...Bumper on AU ebay was $20 AU...To ship the bugger was $450 AU... :eek:

Economies of scale did not prevail on that. If someone were to hurt my car, they can pay for the part plus shipping...

Hey all . me and a couple buddies picked up the front end. We mocked it up on a honda ef at the yard. we may use it on that or a 240sx hatch. not sure. here is what it looks like sitting on top of the ef civic.

610ef.jpeg

610ef2.jpeg

btw the wagon was pretty cool to see there. to bad the rear bumper wont work on my 2 door 610, I hate my 76 bumpers. The stuff you see on craigslist is from a 74 for sale.

Hey all . me and a couple buddies picked up the front end. We mocked it up on a honda ef at the yard. we may use it on that or a 240sx hatch. not sure. here is what it looks like sitting on top of the ef civic.

610ef.jpeg

610ef2.jpeg

btw the wagon was pretty cool to see there. to bad the rear bumper wont work on my 2 door 610, I hate my 76 bumpers. The stuff you see on craigslist is from a 74 for sale.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So I guess these rare parts are going to a 610 owner then. So does everyone feel better now? I'd make the rear bumper work.

Rich, I hope that stuff made it to your coupe...It is at least the same color...did you get the front bumper?

BTW, I've seen a '73 wagon rear bumper work on a '75 and later sport coupe...Its the only bumper that works with the back end of your car because of the taillight and license plate configuration...

What motor was in it.

It Was An 73' L18

Daftinnovations Killed Micro's Dream But At Lest Those Parts Are Going To A 610 Owner And Not Begin Sold For Profit

But Whatever You Do PLEASE Don't Put Them On A Honda :no:

What motor was in it. If L18 then definitely a '73. If an L20B it's a '74. Those rare bumpers were used until October '73 or about 3 months into the '74 model year. That goon could be a '74 unless someone checked.

Incorrect...

Those bumpers were used until July of 1973. In August of '73 through roughly the beginning of November 1973, the bumpers with small filler pieces in the turn signals would have been used. The fenders would have been '74, with the side marker lights, and the valence would be the style with the turn signals below the headlights.

Also, the interior shots tell a similar story. The gauges are from a 1973: gunmetal gray with the rounded (arial) font. The '74 (any '74 for that matter) has the blue faced gauges with a "modern" type font, that font was used through the rest of the model run, the only change is the background in 1976 models, it went from blue back to gunmetal gray

Without a doubt, this is a bonafide 1973 610