Someone Save This 610!!!

Zeusimo

It Was An 73' L18

Daftinnovations Killed Micro's Dream But At Lest Those Parts Are Going To A 610 Owner And Not Begin Sold For Profit

But Whatever You Do PLEASE Don't Put Them On A Fucking Honda :no:

Kill a dream? Yes, I will stand by that one. However...

You post about a car within a community of Datsun owners without thinking that someone may want to save a car somewhere along the way. Kinda like telling a group of homeless people that there is a huge stash of food and shelter for just one person...GO! Of course there's going to be a race, of course theres going to be fighting, and ultimately, the people geographically closest to this car won. Plain and simple. I have a network of 610 guys right on my cell phone (you know who you are...), and if I come up on 610 parts or whatever, I start dropping dimes on heads to let them know. Easy.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It Was An 73' L18

Daftinnovations Killed Micro's Dream But At Lest Those Parts Are Going To A 610 Owner And Not Begin Sold For Profit

But Whatever You Do PLEASE Don't Put Them On A Fucking Honda :no:

no offense but if it was someones dream you shouldn't have posted about it on a forum. Also i would have cashed picknpull out right when I seen if I was Micro's dream. Dude there not going on a civic.. it was a joke. But anyways They going on a 610 4 door. So NOTE!! I didn't crush anyone's dream. A friend of mine bought it. I was there to help and take pictures.

Incorrect...

Those bumpers were used until July of 1973. In August of '73 through roughly the beginning of November 1973, the bumpers with small filler pieces in the turn signals would have been used. The fenders would have been '74, with the side marker lights, and the valence would be the style with the turn signals below the headlights.

Also, the interior shots tell a similar story. The gauges are from a 1973: gunmetal gray with the rounded (arial) font. The '74 (any '74 for that matter) has the blue faced gauges with a "modern" type font, that font was used through the rest of the model run, the only change is the background in 1976 models, it went from blue back to gunmetal gray

Without a doubt, this is a bonafide 1973 610

You 610 guys are so friggin serious.......

.... good for you. :lol:

Zerow there are some holes in my info from Nissan or I interpreted it wrong.

So NOTE!! I didn't crush anyone's dream.

Cool story bro. "Hey man, there's a clean front end on this car up in Modesto, we gotta get there quick, though; some douche-bag up in Oregon is making plans to come get the entire thing, then you'd be screwed!"

Yeah, maybe you didn't do it, but you're a part of this forum, and thus, a community, along with a couple other guys that knew about this thread(otherwise you wouldn't have known about the car and the location) Therefore you all knew there was certain hope for this wagon to be revived; and I promise you, it would have been.

Glad your buddy's 74 has a 73 front end. Now everyone at the meets will think he's the man. :rolleyes:

Good lookin' out.

guys we tend to forget how many lurkers there are out there who scour the forums as much if not more than we do and pounce on deals

these people may not take stock in post counts or loyalty to ratsun community they're just looking to spot the deal and jump on it first

re: buying a car from an ecology or a pic a part, it can be done if you have the connections

guys we tend to forget how many lurkers there are out there who scour the forums as much if not more than we do and pounce on deals

these people may not take stock in post counts or loyalty to ratsun community they're just looking to spot the deal and jump on it first

Hammer + Head of Nail = WIN

BTW, I've seen a '73 wagon rear bumper work on a '75 and later sport coupe...Its the only bumper that works with the back end of your car because of the taillight and license plate configuration...

shit maybe I should go get that bumper!!

Proof:

dea1.jpg

Im not to sure about every wrecking yard but most around me here in the bay area any car that goes into the yard to be parted out can no longer be sold as a complete car to be registered and driven again...thats my understanding I inquired about a 68 4 door that was in one of the yards here years ago it was a complete rolling shell and they said no sale id have to buy it piece by piece if I wanted the whole car

I was in contact with the yard. It was a done deal. The yard supervisor wanted so badly to help, and did everything she could, but it was against policy and a risk to her job. I tried paying over the phone, went up the chain of command, but they said I had to be there in person; no exceptions.

So I lined up payment through a member on the forum, and he was all but on his way there to put the money down and have it taken off the yard when the bad news came on the forum. All I can say is, every duck was in a row on this one. It was going to happen.

Once you buy a car from pick n pull it will become a salvage title. .. yes if you plan to keep the car for the rest of your life then it probably wont matter. The 2nd you try to sell it .. people will not want to pay what its worth because of that salvage.. when transferring to Oregon maybe you wouldn't have the salvage follow.. not sure. The 610 needed a lot of work.. not a gem in anyway shape or form. I will keep my eye out for a wagoon. good luck.

Salvage titles don't even make me flinch. If I buy a Datsun, it's not to turn it and sell it, especially if I'm venturing out of state for it. I had every intention, along with the resources, time, and ambition to redeem it, cherish and drive it. Maybe some day if I sold everything to move out of country I'd sell it to a very special person who also cared little for salvage titles, and was more concerned with the actual car itself. I'm a preservationist, and therefore, I don't do this for profit. I do it for the enjoyment and satisfaction of seeing these pieces of automotive history survive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Salvage titles don't even make me flinch. If I buy a Datsun, it's not to turn it and sell it, especially if I'm venturing out of state for it. I had every intention, along with the resources, time, and ambition to redeem it, cherish and drive it. Maybe some day if I sold everything to move out of country I'd sell it to a very special person who also cared little for salvage titles, and was more concerned with the actual car itself. I'm a preservationist, and therefore, I don't do this for profit. I do it for the enjoyment and satisfaction of seeing these pieces of automotive history survive.

So everyone that is looking for 610 parts should stay away from the junkyard just because YOU wanted it? Get over it already...