found a 1966 520

wayno

Ok guys, I found a 1966 520 while looking for some 320 pickup parts, I do beleave the guy will sell it because he has sold other vehicles in the past, it looked mostly complete, the windshield was broken, and the floorboards were starting to rust, but on a fast inspection I didn't see any holes threw them yet, but that doesn't mean there aren't any, it was a fast look under stock flooring material that didn't want to move. He told me he wanted $450.00, I don't know about the title yet as I am asking if there is any interest. It isn't without some damage, behind the pass. side cab/door, the lower part of the box has been bent in, you can see it in the picture, this is the only Oic. as I was freezing and access was tight. wayno

DSCN0045.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

thats a nice truck, what other kind of vehicles were there?

There were probably 20 to 30 vehicles in various stages of wasting, some were drivable such as a ford courier, but half were savable, several couriers, some rangers, a few 521s, the one 520, 4 320s in various stages of being dismantaled, and rust, some early toyota cars, 620s, one 720, ect. ect. The problem is that they were selling these vehicles on craigslist, one guy would take people out there and show them the vehicles, then these people started showing up without permission, and the landowner got MAD, so it all ended. I was real lucky to be taken out there, and I want to save all the early datsuns. :lol:

Oh man, Ford Courier. That brings back memories. My Dad had one ('74 maybe?) when I was growing up and he gives me crap all the time because I was embarrased to be seen in it. There was a specific incident where we were driving by a girl from my class (this was probably 8th grade - I'm 35) and I ducked down and pretended I was tying my shoe. I've been eyeing a 320 close to me but a Courier, while not nearly as much personality, holds a huge amount of sentimental value to me. Any idea what he wanted for the runner?

FYI, I went and looked at the 320 again for the the first time in about a year and it appears to be in pretty good shape and complete other than the bed looks like it had a bowling ball rolling around it.