Was I that much out of line?

Icehouse

Similar to everyone here I'm always searching for parts for my datto's and since I'm usually not in to big of a hurry I try and find good deals and use the time to think of unique ideas. Well most guys don't like the overrider bumpers that where a US option on 510's. Well I thought if I was going to get some bumpers rechrommed for my black car it would be kinda cool to get a set with overriders. Black + chrome = gangster so more chrome is a must :) I saw a set that was flat black on Craigslist for 150$ for a few months and they weren't selling, knowing what flat black paint means....(bondo perhaps) and thought 100$ was a fair price. So I emailed him. Well his reply was basically being a dick and moving the price up to 250$!!!! Since then another month has went buy.....

Was I that far out of line? At first I thought I would start a thread and see how many people I could get to email him a 100$ offer. Really what is the point, he has been selling over priced Datsun parts ever since I have been into Datsun's so he must think his prices are normal. So I think I'm going to put a wanted add up and see if I can find a better set that isn't flat black. There has to be someone on here that has them.

Here is thelink. What do you guys think?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny because he says "getting out of Datsun's" with those prices good luck. His wife is going to be taking that shit to the dump after he dies :) haha

You better not beat me to the wanted thread :)

not out of line, considering his other prices seem to be.

BTW i have a set that needs love (AKA rust removal) and 1 1/2 broken stud

free (=payback)

I only sent you one bolt! I would have to pay you something. At least a KA harness :)

"Hey could you do $1500 on the L18? Considering that engine is only worth about $800 and those carbs w/ intake about $700.

And if I got that could you throw in those electronic distributors in for free?

Oh one more thing, I have a buddy that was looking for some bumpers... Could you do ohh say... $100.00?

Just trying to help you clear that lot!"

Similar to everyone here I'm always searching for parts for my datto's and since I'm usually not in to big of a hurry I try and find good deals and use the time to think of unique ideas.

He's the other way. Got lots of time and in no hurry just waiting for someone with the money to buy them. There's also those owners that think their parts are gold plated or something OR have an un-natural emotional attachment to their parts. Trying to get the part is like cutting off one of his balls. You are not in the wrong to offer what ever you want for them. Avoid this kind of person.

"Hey could you do $1500 on the L18? Considering that engine is only worth about $800 and those carbs w/ intake about $700.

And if I got that could you throw in those electronic distributors in for free?

Oh one more thing, I have a buddy that was looking for some bumpers... Could you do ohh say... $100.00?

Just trying to help you clear that lot!"

"your telling me 1500 for the motor and carbs setup? i'm asking 3k, call wolfcreek racing for there carbs, they are way more than what i'm asking, cuz good luck finding one. if i'm reading it wrong let me know. "

Trololololol...

"Well considering you have a Fram filter on that L18 I'm guessing who ever you bought that engine from hasn't taken care of it all that well.

And why would I call wolfcreek? I want your used carbs as I would think they would have depreciated in value a bit, I'm offering you what they sell them for rebuilt from Wolf Creek... Just trying to recoup a little from what its going to cost to get the damage fixed on that block from that cardboard oil filter. "

If you guys keep flaming his email, he might kill himself, then just go to the nearest junk yard where is old lady dropped off all his priceless Datsun parts. The junk yard will sell that shot at a fair price.

The guy seems unbalanced to ask such ridiculous prices, I've seen high prices on cl but that is to battle low ballers, most high prices guys will negotiate to a decent price.

300 for a tach, that is fucking we. Ta. Did. Say it with me everyone he we ta did. So fa king we ta did.

Guest kamakazi620

Not AT ALL out of line!!! i've been tryin' to sell some parts and Shit i got Well below askin' prices,i even told a couple rasuners to COME GET THEM for FREE but was blown off,Today by a couple of people and now i gots to scrap it tomorrow.

Yeah, $100 for a fender with rust in the bottom corner. I have two nearly perfect with small dents I bought off my buddy for $50, or maybe it was $25. That's like the guy here in Spokane trying to sell a stripped rolling chassis 510 for $750. Complete tool.

I've called that shmuck more than once for different adds! He's also selling a "built" ka motor and that orange fj20 510 his kids beat on all through highschool. Guy is a tool I've called about negotiation various parts and seeing about those bumpers myself aswell and he won't budge on them at all. And as for the 1500 dollar ka set it's blown. That's right it's pretty much a parts motor. Block is cracked threw a piston and head has something wrong with it just don't remember offhand what it was. Definately asking way to much. I would shake a hundred at the bumpers considering they are rattle canned but he finds them to be worth well over his asking price. Same goes for that stupid l18. Kept bashing on my l20s and how they were truck engines and I should Go l18 for the revs... Felt way to much like ka vs sr to me especially when I have two good running engines why would I want some smaller displacement but overt inflated priced engine? Especially since I called about the stupid bumpers!!!! Gah... Ok rant over

I think I understand where this guy is coming from. He's a hawaii guy trying to sell parts for prices he would (and could) get in hawaii. I'm not saying its right nor am I justifying his attitude. Jeff's offer was more then fair.

-B

BTW, his son is a member here. Maybe he can talk pops down. Haha.

I think a lot of us have dealt with this clown b4. His price$ are way HI as is he :blink: He called on a 510 I had 4 sale years ago & of course he offered me 1/3 of what i was asking. Nothing wrong with trying to get good deals but..........COME ON MAN! :huh:

He's the other way. Got lots of time and in no hurry just waiting for someone with the money to buy them. There's also those owners that think their parts are gold plated or something OR have an un-natural emotional attachment to their parts. Trying to get the part is like cutting off one of his balls. You are not in the wrong to offer what ever you want for them. Avoid this kind of person.

Agreed