SacDatsun Monthly Meet 'n Eat

68Datsun510

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i can bring it, the get together is 7pm til 9-930

I didnt need to get the day off. Didnt realise it was in the evening. I will be there.:P As long as my truck will make it . Brian

Huge turn out, 15-20 Datsuns. 30+ Datsun heads. There were so many people we filled our reserved area, and started taking up table outside that area. We froze our asses off out side after diner, but had alot of bench racing to do. Depac showed up with his Lambo door 510 show up, Gino in his bitchin blue 2door, Brain in his super clean 521 (now with a new BRE spook), and a bunch of other great people. We also made a new 510er last night, Windowlicker (was a VW guy now a dime roller). He bought his 1st 510. Victory and I forgot our camera, so no pics from us. Maybe next time you will see it for yourselfs. Although Cody got pics. Maybe he will share. Then like a dumb ass I didn't get gas and ran out in the middle of fuckin nowhere. 45min waiting and freezing. Finally made it home.

It was quite the fun night, lots of people, lots of cars, much higher turnout than expected! And i was also surprised to see Phil (right???) with the blue KA 510 from Portland show up! Also saw some 510 friends i hadnt seen in ears, like my buddy Deepak in the light blue 2 door with the LZ engine. (looks like its blowing flames in the pic) Anyway, hope to see even more next month! We maxed out the room capacity this month at round table!!!!

One thing, we try and keep revving of engines and tire smoke to a minimum, not that i dont enjoy such things, its just that its a very public place, and people have cell phones, not everyone likes old cars doing burnouts. In 5 years we have never had the police called on us and we would like to keep it that way.

Sadly, i didnt come in a Datsun, because mine is still without an engine, but, i had an interesting evening nonetheless!!

I blew a tire sitting in the parking lot at the meet! I limped it over to a chevron, dumped an entire can of fix a flat in, aired it up and made it 20 miles to Cameron Park, refilled again, and made it home. In super dense freezing fog nonetheless.

GEDC0662.jpg