First post 1973 Datsun 620

GOLSETH

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun!

Definitely needs a drop but looks like it's in really good condition and perfect for a starting project., and leave the bed hooks, it's how you know it's an old ass truck.

Those wheels are nice! They're Turbines.

620s can handle some pretty wide/low offset wheels.

On a 16x8 i'd run 245 60/50s if you're looking for a proper tire/wheel set-up.

I have some 15x9.5 -34 Centerlines 205/60/15 IIRC

22840838.jpg

• Like 1

Very cool truck. I agree with leaving the hooks. I went thru a hook removing phase but deceided I like them with. To each his own. If you do you can just grind them off from the outside. Or u can come from the inside & drill out the spot welds & then fill holes. Definitely needs to be lowered with new rims & needs the silver grille. I hate black grilles! u can just paint that 1. I also like to paint the cab vents & mirrors silver or charcoal.

Give us some interior & engine pics. Weve never seen them b4 :blink:

I usually don't like Rotas but when i first saw Grid Type Xs i decided i would buy them when i had cash, since real TE37s go for an arm and a leg in Japan and they ALWAYS sell them in pairs.

Call your local Nissan Dealerships i'm sure they have a set of Nismo TE37s in the back they would sell. Made by Rays for Nismo, 6lug 16x8 too IIRC.

Turns out theres a tiny hole in the tank right next to the drain plug. Had to drain the tank and attempted to do a temp fix with JB weld but it wouldnt stick. ill be dropping the tank when i get back from xmas vaca. and dedrick... are you high??? im going to slam this biatch!!!

jb wont stick if its still got any gas on the inside got to let it dry completely, or there is special jb like crap that comes in stick form - get at any auto store.specifically for gas tanks- its better ive gotten 50/50 results with it. those friggin wheels are whacked out man! get rid of the black and they would look a lot better, now they sort of look.. anus like.

ps;; the bed hooks are one of the best features of old trucks - if you can stand it, try and keep them- (im biased, i use my 521 primarily to haul motorcycles.. bed hooks kick ass)

If I didnt have titans on my truck already I would be all over the anus wheels.

hey welcome to ratsun one more thing to add to your 620 is disk brakes i make aluminum brackets for front and back you are going to need them let me know if you need any

Thanks for the heads up! Disc brakes are definitely going on my 620!

Update... Today was fairly productive, I fixed the hole in the gas tank, removed the rear bumper (for sale if anyone is interested), and lowered the back using a Nissan hardbody 3 inch lowerig kit and slammed the front as low as it would go on the stock torsion bar anchor bolts.

Thanks for the heads up! Disc brakes are definitely going on my 620!

Update... Today was fairly productive, I fixed the hole in the gas tank, removed the rear bumper (for sale if anyone is interested), and lowered the back using a Nissan hardbody 3 inch lowerig kit and slammed the front as low as it would go on the stock torsion bar anchor bolts.

where the hell are the pics!!!!!!! :D

Welcome to the forum.

Have you seen this truck? You could probably get away with 18's too.

I totally dig what you're trying to do styling wise with your 620, because I'm kinda going for the same style with my 720. Hellaflush is indeed gay and minitruck "tuckin" is even worse. Do you like the Konig Countersteers? I was considering them only, cuz I didn't know of the Rotas, but now.....