1971 PL521

nevada

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've looked around for the past hour online for the collar, no luck. I guess I need to put the word out here for the right one or play with the length of the slave push rod?

Like I said, that collar is too short, the clutch arm will hit the back of the case opening before it disengaged the clutch as the arm will almost be touching the case already.

I suppose if one made the transmission case hole bigger you might be able to use a long rod, but the arm might come off the throwout bearing collar on the inside before the clutch disengaged.

If Nissan had made all of the clutch covers/pressure plates the same height, then only one collar would have been needed, but that isn't how it was done, the 200mm clutch cover is the shortest, so it needs the tallest collar, while the 240 clutch cover is the tallest, so it needs a short collar.

I have a 225mm collar, but I don't feel that it would work properly, so I don't feel right about sending it to you.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...