72' Citrus Wagon

M.Creer

Decided to start the Goon ist's own thread. This is my current daily. It's done well for close to a year now. It's a stock L16 & 4speed.

file0292.jpg

file0291.jpg

file0294.jpg

Plans as of now are...

1.Drop it 4 inches

2.Primer(grey)

3.Heater

4.Locks,fairing,bike rack

5.Headers

6.Cam

7.LSD/Diff locker

I have more I want to do, but I'm trying not to get to far ahead of myself.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say leave it that color and just buff out. Harder to sell a primered gray car later.Most paint shops will have to charge more to remove spray can paint as theres a chimical in there to keep the paint loose in the can. Not good fro prof paint later!!!!!!!!!!

Lots better stock color. adds a Pintina touch to it. just block off the rust spots and find a spray can close to that color. Overtime its blends in anyways.

lower is much as you can w/o out going drastic.

3inch Belltech 6202 has a 2 deg angle for the drive shaft. then lower the front so maybe get a rake look.

dont remove leaf spings. If later you have a OK built motor you induce noise and pulls due to axle wrap.

get some ROTA RB wheels and youll be cool enough w/o breaking the bank. OK updats maybe the cheap VTO Panasport clones if the price is cheaper than the Phillipine ROTAS

diff locker? good luck

I would just lower it ,do soem minor painting and just drive it. otherwise its 3/4 k $ to have a half fast car for L motor standards

I agree with hainz,

Full color or rock the original. I dont think I have have seen much more than a 3 inch drop. Plenty sufficient, especially with the right set of wheels.

Hainz! dont suggest Rota RBs for another wagon, I want them! lol.

LSD? Expensive job for this car. Im gonna wait on mine til I have a different motor, til then the car doesnt warrant such things.

dsc_0149.jpg

I know what these cars warrant. And I'm not after a fast car. I'm after a reliable car that's slammed, and I drive in the summer/ drift constantly. I know an L series doesn't need a LSD, but when it comes to slidin a car. A good clutch,LSD, and responsive(not always fast) motor are all it really takes. As far as the paint. You've convinced me to leave it as is. I'm still gonna start doin some bodywork on it though. I'll be repainting it at some point the exact same color. Rota's are gross. I'd rather rock some centerlines/diamond racing or some old school JDM wheels. I'm not looking to sell this car. I'm sorry if I offend anyone but I'm more Form > function with this car. I have my S30Z an 1200 to make go fast. The wagon is more go out have fun, cruise around type of car for me. I'm not looking to build it up to serious. As long as it gets the job done. I may end up with an LZ24 swap, and a sedan IRS swap. I'm not sure yet. Depends on the cost. Are LZ24's hard/expensive to do?

I agree they are good looking and cheap. It's a daily, but of course at some point it will have to be taken off the road to undergo work. I have my 1200 I'm tryin to daily soon.

On a diff subject. I have 14x7 inch wheels on all 4 corners, with 185/60/14 tires on them. I've replaced the wheel bearings in both sides now, and it feels like one side needs replacing again asap. Are do you guys think these wheels are to heavy?

I prefer the abovementioned direction, but that's just me! :)

Your wheel bearings. What kind are they? And are you torquing them to specs using the procedure? Or just guessing?

I forgot the brand, and yeah I'm pretty much guessing.

correct me if im wrong....... pack bearings with grease, slap em in, over tighten nut, loosen nut, over tighten nut, then loosen, then tighten just to where you feel the right amount of drag as you spun the wheel flange...

That's what I thought/did both times.

Semi update........ sorta. Anyway I bought one 14x7 inch centerline the other day. It's approx the same offset as the 4 wheels on my car. I got tired of having the car sitting unlevel. Every time I had a flat or, a leak or........... yeah I have tire drama often lol

120410141821_01.jpeg

120410141632_01.jpeg

I wish he had all 4. These are so damn lightweight, and look good.

And then...

Sorry no updates. I have everything to slam it. I just need to find out what shocks will make it super stiff. I did however buy new inner/outer bearings for one side. Now I have to wake up at 6am to put them on before work. Yay me.

120910212218_01.jpg

A few pics. I had the stock rears on so I could drift it around some. Just on a personal note drifting this thing is a violent affair. The steering wheel spins hard, the rear corrects it's self in an abrupt fashion. I'm no pro, but this car is crude.

dsc_0145.jpg

dsc_0143.jpg

dsc_0144.jpg

dsc_0141.jpg

Get Koyo bearings next time

exactly! there cheap

the bearing race needs to be pressed on. Usaully by a auto machine shop

510s dont make good drift cars esp the wagons Might work with a HIGH output KA/SR but not a L motor and posi

I've already been drifting this wagon. It's not as smooth as a 240, but I've gotten some pretty good drifts out of it. I'm not looin to really compete or anything. Morejust for fun, and maybe a few events.

Some cool pics Marcel!

Thanks. Get your 12 on the street. I'm slackin ony end.

banzai510(hainz) We don't seem to see eye to eye on alot of things. Difference of opinion, experience.... etc. Or maybe I'm just young and stupid lol. Either way I do consider everything posted on here. I may not listen to it all, or agree, but I do take it all into consideation. I consider this a learing experience. Alot I'm learing as I go on my own, and alot I'm hoping to learn from all the members on this forum. Hopefully I don't push to may buttons on the way. I just have my own weird goals.