'74 B210. New to me. incredible shape.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v65/mikemudge/74Datsun%20B210/

I just spent a half hour typing a post only to have it blow off into digital space. The link above is to a car I saved from the wreckers a few months ago. I need some help with the carb. It works but floods out after shutting down from a run. I rebuilt the carb and rechecked the float height twice. Still in spec but flooding. Runs great.

More pix and clarification tomorrow. I'm tired.

Thanks,

Mike

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v65/mikemudge/74Datsun%20B210/

I just spent a half hour typing a post only to have it blow off into digital space. The link above is to a car I saved from the wreckers a few months ago. I need some help with the carb. It works but floods out after shutting down from a run. I rebuilt the carb and rechecked the float height twice. Still in spec but flooding. Runs great.

More pix and clarification tomorrow. I'm tired.

Thanks,

Mike

Welcome Mike! Holy cow that was going to the crusher????? It looks like a time capsul from your photos. I put this one in the 'amazing save' catagory for sure. Congrats!

ya, another b210, cool, what are your plans for the bee. looks like it's in real good shape.

My forte has been Fiats for the last 10 years. If I had seen this car and it hadn't in good condition I'd have walked away from it. But the car is all there and in better condition than most of my Fiats. It was too nice just to let it get pulled apart. Too many excellent cars end up being crushed because people just don't want to hassle with them anymore.

I replaced the clutch, brake master cylinder, clutch master and slave cylinder and shifter bushings. I had to replace the drive shaft too 'cause they bent it moving the car around with a forklift. The new one still vibrates between 50 and 60 so I'm going to have it spun next week and see if it threw a weight.

My son's almost wife has expressed interest but if she doesn't want it you'll most likely see it for sale here on Ratsun.

Nice find..looks showroom almost! Love the color too.

If you threw a few hundred lbs of ice, 100 gallons of Cuervo Gold, and a little Margarita mix in the bed, you could have one hell of a good time! Great little Marg machine.:)

Mike

Ya, I knew a guy who had one of those cars, what a little bute.

Stopped on a dime and ran all day on a few litres.

It's amazing what j/y's are getting these days.

I know the owner of a local j/y and have been going there

a lot lately, getting dtuff for my project.

While I was there yesterday the owner got 3 vehicles from

someone who simply got sick of looking at them.

These all came with papers, all ran and looked like any other

older vehicle you would see in the WallyWorld parking lot.

And yes, when they pick it up with the loader, stuff bends.

What a waste . . .

Glad you managed to save one!!