Blue Lake Show

fiveNdime

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

o who is going down to Blue Lake from the Seattle Area? I ahave talked with a few people and we are trying o get some sort of a plan to cruise down. Probly Saturday, just so it is easier that driving both directions in one day. Any placs to camp out down in that area??

24th Annual Picnic - All Datsun/Nissan Show and Shine at Blue Lake Regional Park Presented by: Northwest Datsun Owners Association

WHEN: SUNDAY August 10th, 10:00am to 3:00pm.

Datsun/Nissan Show & Shine (with awards)

Bar-B-Que

Door Prize Raffle

Car Registration: $15.00

(Registration includes Show/Raffle Ticket/1 Food Pass)

Additional Food Passes $5.00

For more information contact Dan Uphoff (360) 687-7235 or Dan.Uphoff@wfhonline.org For Park Directions and Details visit : http://www.metro-region.org

Hope to see you there.

i have attended most of these events in the past 8 years

they are great fun for sure very laid back

they put on a great show

lots of cars

good people

the all you can eat is excellent

and the raffle is awesome

i've come home with multiple items every year i've been there

i bet dan remembers the short stalky islander in a nissan tech shirt

that always has winning tickets hehe

i went to the first canby show and that too was nice just havent been back

always something else i have to attend when its scheduled.

actually the entry fee is 19.00 if you include the fee to get into the park.

you will be happy to know that next year canby is going to have day of show registration.

HAHAHA. You might want to think about this first? I bet you had to pay for lunch at Canby, so basically you get in for cheap at Blue lake. And registration before a show is reserved for the HUGE shows like Portland Roadster show etc. not smaller shows like Canby or Blue Lake, that was just gay....since allot of us that rolled in wanted to enter.

Whats the point of a "free" lunch ticket if you cant register.:lol::lol::lol:

I also bet it wasn't all you can eat all day long. I think your dreaming big to say Canby is going to be the next Shasta....and I did mention that the "Large Shows" are most likely pre-reg events...not a small show like Canby! By the way are you going to Blue Lake or are you one of those bitter guys who is in that club??

By the way I'm in neither club and would never join because of this reason.

Might I suggest we just drop this subject?!!! I'm mean really guys....what's the point?

a100addict is one of the guys that busted his butt helping to put on the Canby show.....so is he going to take it a bit personally when someone complains about it?? Of course! I really didn't help that much, but I'm tired of it too! I know, at this point, neither of us plan on doing anything with the show next year, other than attending. If enough of the people get irritated enough to do the same thing....guess what......no Canby show any more!! Then you're back to only having Blue Lake and the venue simply isn't big enough for everyone to fit.....that was the whole point of moving it to Canby in the first place.

Let's just face the fact that both shows are different. They are not meant to be the same, otherwise, one group would simply put on the same show twice! The "hard feelings" are actually starting to subside, but this thread is simply continueing to stir the pot.......to what end? 99 out of 100 guys on here couldn't give two hoots about any of this...they're simply happy that they get two chances at getting together with other Datsun guys.

Shasta is dead. Canby is two full days of Datsun.....I'm thinking that pretty much makes it the next Shasta since there isn't any other Datsun show even close in size. Blue Lake is 5 hrs. It's a great 5 hrs, but it's a cruisin' with awards. Canby will end up with a driving event in the next year or two...that pretty much replaces shasta.....from what I know of shasta. If Canby is too small of a show and doesn't feed you all day for free....don't bother coming! Then we won't have to listen to you bitch about it.

a100addict just seems to be trying to keep the facts straight. You've got your points too, but it's pretty obvious that you're trying to piss people off by the way you're making your comments. It's pretty clear which side you're on, but the reality is....THERE SHOULDN'T BE ANY SIDES!!!!

Bragging about not being a member of either club yet still griping about what's wrong is like bitching about the president and not even being registered to vote! Try being part of the solution instead of whining about the problems!!!

And by the way.....we are both planning on attending BL this year. I changed my schedule so that I can attend 'til about 2pm. This is the first year in awhile that I've even had the option. Paula won't be coming....this thread pissed her off so much she decided not to bother getting her schedule changed! Gee...thanks for that! :(

Yes, they are two different shows offering different entertainment and food options for slightly different prices.

A difference of $10 or so isn't really all that much to complain about. A lot of you are spending $400 a month on gas now.

I've been attending Bluelake and Canby every year that I'm able to and I'd like to continue to do so.

and I'm planning to meet up for breakfast in Tacoma and spend and extra $8 or so!!! :eek:

well said Mike. i was'nt aware that 5ndime was not a member of either club. so he has nothing vested in a club. he is one of those lame datsun guys that complain that you have to pre register. then you complain that you didn't get a trophy. then you complain you have to pay for your lunch.the biggest difference between BL and Canby is that the club has to pay for use of the grounds, gates, porta johns etc. the very first canby "dnw" we had no idea how many people would come. partly because dan did not share any info from the previous show.

we started from scratch. we had to do pre registration to be able to pay for all the things you need for a show. trophys, signs, banners, etc. next year will be the first year with no prereg. i feel sorry for the person that has to do the parking layout. it won,t be me and it won't be 5ndime because he is part of the problem not part of the solution.

I am not going to dwell on this much. But I go to alot of shows and some are good and some are rediculus. But the main thing is it is all for the common love of the " sport, hobby" of what ever your into auto wise...all the extras are just a bonus...So everyone come and enjoy the cars/trucks and talk about the common interest.........DATSUNS....Cya all there..:cool::D

• 2 weeks later...
well said Mike. i was'nt aware that 5ndime was not a member of either club. so he has nothing vested in a club. he is one of those lame datsun guys that complain that you have to pre register. then you complain that you didn't get a trophy. then you complain you have to pay for your lunch.the biggest difference between BL and Canby is that the club has to pay for use of the grounds, gates, porta johns etc. the very first canby "dnw" we had no idea how many people would come. partly because dan did not share any info from the previous show.

we started from scratch. we had to do pre registration to be able to pay for all the things you need for a show. trophys, signs, banners, etc. next year will be the first year with no prereg. i feel sorry for the person that has to do the parking layout. it won,t be me and it won't be 5ndime because he is part of the problem not part of the solution.

Lame, dude you don't even know me to call me a lame datsun guy. I simply said I thought the registration was outrageous in my very first point. Obviously you don't take constructive criticism of any kind. Your the one that initiated the pissing match and I'm not just going to sit back and have you try to degrade me. I didn't say the show sucked, in fact I had a decent time.

Mike of all people you know me enough to know that I was stating a point. Its your wifes fault for not coming so don't blame that shit on me.:mad: bummer she isn't coming, but come on.

Maybe I was wrong, I can admit if I was, but all this seems to be a very good way to keep me from going to Canby next year and maybe keep me off this site...which I know some want.:fu:

OOH and one more thing A100, I am part of a car club, just not yours and have been for a VERY long time...so way to judge without facts!

Mike of all people you know me enough to know that I was stating a point. Its your wifes fault for not coming so don't blame that shit on me.:mad: bummer she isn't coming, but come on.

Yes, you are right in the fact that it is my fault for deciding not to attend The Blue Lake Show. I am sure that my non attendance will be of no concern to anyone except Mike because we enjoy attending the Datsun stuff together.

I do think the point that he was making was that do to (as you put it) the pissing match, I did not feel as though it was worth any special effort to get time off work to attend.

are people still meeting in tacoma? I just got my dime on the road again and i wanna make it out to this meet. if anyone is drivin down from seattle and wants to caravan so they can give me a ride when my sh*t bursts into flames that would be cool too. hahaha

...hhmmm....seems I should have taken my own advice and let it drop. I guess I've contributed to the perpetuation of this banter. I tried to stay back and not post, but simply got a bit to irritated. Since I've been a part of DatNW since the start, I was taking offense to some of it. My appologies for come down so hard on FiveNDime. I'll try harder to resist similar posts in the future.....if I make any. This has become another reason for me to spend even less time on here.

The discussion about the costs/facts/differences is fine. The problem is in how it's being discussed. Calling each other lame or gay is pointless and is being done intentionally to piss the other person off. That's the part that is so irritating. But hey......you guys do as you want....I'll just be around less so I can avoid more of this kind of bs.

I'll still be going to BL with the NL....unless it's raining(no wipers)...then maybe I'll bring Paula's 521.

.....as for Paula not coming....FiveNDime was not the only factor in her not coming, I appoligize for making it sound that way......but this thread took away any motivation she had for trying to get her schedule changed to make it.