Blue Lake Show

fiveNdime

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were up to me I would schedule around it but it is the wifes brothers wedding and I think we already have tickets.I was really looking foreward to the caravan and hanging out with the freaky fam but it probably isnt going to happen this year.Isnt there another one down that way in the summer?

If not I will try to get a trip down anyways.

If I can get my Goddamned 620 running I will go to both events.

Hell I don't give a rusty fuck who hurt whos feelings. The parties involved can both suck my balls...oh yeah and help me work on my truck.:D

Hi Mike Klotz...did you know you are my hero? Really.

dd:fu:

geez Dave...you're lucky Paula reads more of these posts than I do! I read 10% of the posts...maybe! Doubtful I'd have even seen this if she hadn't mentioned it.

So it was running when I left....did something happen? That carb should be pretty easy to rebuild.....but it seemed to be working as it was.

I thought once you put that shiny valve cover on you were good to go!! :)

There isn't a website for it....kinda sucks but we all know what goes on at these shows......if not post here:lol:

so what are the details.

What time does it start?

Is the park entrance fee still $4.00?

What is the reg fee for being in the show and for food?

I can add this info to my website if needed but I need to know specifics. :blink:

He hasn't gave me all the details yet....I wish he did....but I do know there will be a fee at the gate. Don't know what it is till we get there, but bring a 5 dollar bill for that. Registration fee unknown yet but when you register you get food and drinks free.....if you want food and drinks then you have to pay a small fee....which I will try to get as well for ya. The food is also all you can eat...burgers, dogs, chips, and pop

Heres more details

15 bucks gets you registered, food pass for unlimited food for one person., and one raffle ticket. starts at 10, but they like people showing up about a hour earlier to get parked, and lasts till 3 or later.

• 1 month later...

Is this still an August event? I may do the Canby thing , but for me this is just down the road.

Some years ago I would attend the "All British Meets" that were held at Blue Lake Park before they grew so large as to fill PIR every year. (I also flew RC gliders in the field just north of the park entry gate, as people still do).

The park has a daily car parking fee, but walkers or cyclists may enter freely, I think.

I drive a 620 every day.

24th Annual Picnic - All Datsun/Nissan Show and Shine at Blue Lake Regional Park Presented by: Northwest Datsun Owners Association

WHEN: SUNDAY August 10th, 10:00am to 3:00pm.

Datsun/Nissan Show & Shine (with awards)

Bar-B-Que

Door Prize Raffle

Car Registration: $15.00

(Registration includes Show/Raffle Ticket/1 Food Pass)

Additional Food Passes $5.00

For more information contact Dan Uphoff (360) 687-7235 or Dan.Uphoff@wfhonline.org For Park Directions and Details visit : http://www.metro-region.org

Hope to see you there.

Sounds like fun Dan..Thanks for the info!! :cool: I know that I will try to make it. Any room for my 73 620??

24th Annual Picnic - All Datsun/Nissan Show and Shine at Blue Lake Regional Park Presented by: Northwest Datsun Owners Association

WHEN: SUNDAY August 10th, 10:00am to 3:00pm.

Datsun/Nissan Show & Shine (with awards)

Bar-B-Que

Door Prize Raffle

Car Registration: $15.00

(Registration includes Show/Raffle Ticket/1 Food Pass)

Additional Food Passes $5.00

For more information contact Dan Uphoff (360) 687-7235 or Dan.Uphoff@wfhonline.org For Park Directions and Details visit : http://www.metro-region.org

Hope to see you there.

How many cars are expected and where is this lake at in Portland? THanks.

Blue Lake is just East of the Portland Airport a few miles. I think its marine drive that runs along the Columbia river. That will take you to the park. I live in the sticks north of Vancouver so not to savvy with directions over that way.

• 3 weeks later...
Expect 100 Datsuns ??? It's a good show, smaller than Canby but in many ways better.

Dan can tell us how many showed up last year.

Plus the entry fee isn't outrageous. Sorry to ruffle feathers but thats why I didn't enter at Canby, that and the fact that I couldn't enter the day of the show, bummer!

Dan has flyer's for the show.

It would be nice to have the attendance that was there last year. This years attendance was rather slim in comparison.

I never even heard that there was still a Blue Lake show.

I do know that there (at least was) is another Datsun show hosted by the N.E. Datsun Owners Association, but from what I heard not very many people show up due to it being so remote from the Datsun World. A handful attendance at most.

Maybe is somebody was to push for more advertising and publicity at both Canby & Blue Lake, maybe more people would come. Gas prices are certainly showing the lack of attendance. $20 more than last year, $40 more than the year before for me.

But either way, unless a person is broke it doesn't take much to save up over the year for a car show that is enjoyable as Canby. Many people claim it's not that fun, but when you get to see a new completed car almost every year, it turns into a heck of an event.

Registration costs.. meh, it's worth it if you can make the time available to go. Twenty years from now, I doubt there will be many more Datsuns alive and driving aside from the trailer queens. Cars do have their shelf life, ya know.

Would like to put some faces to the cars next year!

It would be nice to have the attendance that was there last year. This years attendance was rather slim in comparison.

Yeah attendance of all shows has been down this year. I just heard the other day that attendance at the Shasta Roadster meet was way down. Only 22 roadsters! :eek:

Yeah attendance of all shows has been down this year. I just heard the other day that attendance at the Shasta Roadster meet was way down. Only 22 roadsters! :eek:

Highly likely due to the fires and gas prices. Heard the temp was 107 degrees F. That'll test your cooling system fer shure!

Next year will be the 25th Anniversary, so attendance will probably be up again.