Blue Lake Show

fiveNdime

I just want to do the same thing with the Blue Lake Show, as people are doing for the Canby show. Any ideas to make it better? What would you do to change it? Was the show what you wanted? How was the food, admission, location, trophies, raffles, etc. Let me know. I will let Dan know of any comments. Let me know if you plan on coming too. Thanks Much!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. So if We are talking about two different runs, what are the dates on each? Which one is at the "fairgrounds" and where is the other one held at? Which is larger? And, basically, which run are most of You guys supporting? I know these questions might sound "primitive" but as I will be coming a long way, I need to plan now to make the "right" run.

:mellow::mellow::blink::blink:

I think one if them should move to Seattle area....or we should sart our own...the Ratsun Datsun meet.....:cool:

I agree completely, now to get someone to organize it lol :mellow:

edit: Mike you wanna go to Canby ;)

Several years ago Dave, the guy that created DatsunNW went to Dan, the guy that does Blue Lake and offered to help him change venues so that more people could attend. Blue Lake was never advertised because it was already at max capacity for the section of the park they used. So, for that year, the Blue Lake event became the Canby event. Then Dan decided that he would rather still do Blue Lake and Dave decided to start DatsunsNW so that Canby could continue. The Canby event is now the largest because it has the room to be and it's promoted more each year. The Blue Lake event does still happen, but it's much smaller, more laid back and still only a one day event. More people hear about Canby now and I assume they want to go to the bigger show to see more Datsuns....which typically means that they won't make a big trip the folowing month for Blue Lake. I'm sure some of people do both.

There's more drama to the story which is why a good few of the DatNW people don't show up for the Blue Lake event. I would like to see the fences mended so that both clubs could enjoy both events. After doing all the work to put on Canby, it would be nice to go to a show where we could just "show up"! :) We'll see what happens. I may just go to Blue Lake this year if I can get the time off. I was working that day last year. I take a week off for Canby :)

I dont know the exact dates yet guys but I will try to get them for ya. As you can see I have been real busy so I am a little slow on the response. The Blue Lake show isnt much smaller then the Canby show. I would imagine in part of cool people not going to Blue Lake. The show was and is in a different area of the park so now we can have more cars attend. For those of you who have not went to Blue Lake because of the stuff that went down the sell your datsun, cause your not true datsun fans. I dont want to be around people who are like that. The only true story will come from no one. I am like ///FiveOneOh. I love datsuns and theres no one or no thing that can change that. The Blue Lake show is a bit more laid back but i'm that kind of guy. By no means do I recomend one or the other, as they are both a good time. Do both if you can, I know I am. I would also support a datsun show up north in Seatown.

OOh ya. Blue Lake and Canby are two different shows.

Its cool to see who here is involved in setting these things up.Some people were talking to me about club "politics"at blue lake last year.I was just there because I could make it and I love Datsuns.And what do I care?Nobody really knows me.

I would think the more wide spread events you have to a very specific crowd the lower showing you can expect throughout.Distance can be hard for an old Ratto.

I think I could drag my wife to a show in BC.We have been meaning to visit Canada.

• 4 weeks later...
:mellow::mellow::blink::blink:

I think one if them should move to Seattle area....or we should sart our own...the Ratsun Datsun meet.....:cool:

I agree! Those shows in Oregon are a serious road trip. There are just as many Dattos up here as there are in Oregon. We could have a great showing in the Seattle are Maybe "GreenLake" or down by Aberdeen and "BlackLake":blink: i think there is a "Silver Lake" somewhere.............

• 1 month later...

what fish you arnt comming down this year damn i was thinking about holding a bbq on the friday before and was going to ask if you would play i will post more details about the bbq later. But right now it a must show up with or in a datsun or no food and drink i will ask for a rsvp so i dont waste alot of money on food to goto waste.I have plenty of parking and a good size back yard for tents more detials to come:)