Winter in North Idaho!

It has been snowing pretty much non stop here since last tuesday. We started out last weekend at 10 degrees as a high, and by tuesday this week it was 14 below zero. We have had about 18-20 inches total here. Took some oic's this morning of the 620 and our snow............just for those of you who might be longing for some snow!

DSC00188.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

This next pic sucks......my dash was perfectly crack free when i stopped driving the truck 2 weeks ago.........the cold weather must have caused this? Sort of put a downer on my day.....

DSC00192.jpg

This little guy is Jake, our "ratsun" boston terrier.........I started the truck up to let it warm up and he just hopped right in for a ride!

DSC00196.jpg

And finally my youngest daughter Emma and Jake making snow angels!

DSC00197.jpg

Hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving!

Bill

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ehh, it's all good.......the dash's will crack eventually......just sucked that it happened when I didn't even do anything LOL. I think the truck looks rad with the snow on it too!! Looks like more snow headed this way next week, time to get shoveling again. Gonna put up christmas lights tonight with the fam. Snow gets me in the holiday mood.......

All i could think of this morning when I saw the truck was "damn a need a garage so i can get her ready for canby"......already dreamin of summer!

Bill

Guest 510kamikazifreak

:lol:

Well you can laugh it off is a good thing :cool:

Suck but yes they do crack.

Yep that snow looks awesome on the 620 , Like it just went trecking through a blizzard :cool:

Tis the season, Hope we get more of that white stuff here too,Most here say nope I say yup bring it on.. :lol:

• Like 1

well in south idaho its been in the 30's durring the day and about 2 degrees in the night time. We have seen alot of snow but not alot of snow has stuck.

Love that Boston! i have to get some shots on my new little Boston, Oliver, in one of my Datsuns!

Love that Boston! i have to get some shots on my new little Boston, Oliver, in one of my Datsuns!

Yea they are the coolest dogs. Before I was married my little buddy Virgil (my first boston) went everywhere with me, in fact thats him in my avatar, he loved that 521, he went everywhere with me. I couldn't have him in the place we first lived in, and it so happened that our childhood dog Astro passed on (he was 16) and my Dad decided Virgil could come live with him and mom, and the rest is history as him and dad are best buds now. My dad drives a little white 91 hardbody and runs all over town for work, and everyone sees him and Virgil together, Virgil propped up on the Dash looking out the window, he definately is a Nismo dog, but I am sure he likes the hardbody better cause the 521 had a perfect dash and he couldn't get his paws up on the dash.

We got Jake back in March, he was the runt of a litter of 6 other dogs, and his brothers and sisters tried to kill him. The guy who was breeding them couldn't take care of him and thought he was going to die, so he gave hime to us. His front paw was broke, both his eyes had gouges in them, his ears were chewed to a pulp and his hind leg all the way up his stomach to his chest was torn open and he was in bad shape. He fit right in my palm when we got him and he smelled like death poor little guy. Goats milk through an eyedropper and up all night with him for a month straight, then soft food, and now he is growing all up and is just my best friend! He is still partially blind due to his eye damage, and will run into stuff but he is an awesome little dog!

He sure loves the snow..once he barked at it enough from it coming out of the sky, he loves to play and chase the kids on the sled!

Bill

Wow Bill! Way to save one! We got Oliver from an Oklahoma Boston rescue and had him shipped to us in MA. You never know with a rescue dog, but we got lucky! Has shown zero aggression, including having 4 crazy kids around him on T-day! Wants to be included in everything. Totally excited to go to bed and snuggle with our 8yr old daughter at bedtime. Then as soon as the wife and I go to bed he finds us to get more snuggle time.

Gets under the covers and works his way down to the bottom until he gets so hot he has to get on top of the covers for a while. Then right back under at the top to start the cycle again.

HATES the cold though being a southern dog. Don't think he has ever seen snow.

Boy he likes to fart though!! :lol: And we have him on the best food we can get!

Oh yea Jake's nickname is stinky, Virgil was too they are gaseous dogs certainly. Thats awesome that you got a rescue boston! Jake loves to cuddle, but ever since we fired up the woodstove a couple weeks ago he just lays on the hearth........it's alot warmer there than in the bed with us!! It would be cool to see some Boston terrier in some ratsun art sometime!!

Cheers

Bill

On your dash, take a drill bit a size or two larger than the end of the crack and make a hole directly at the end of the crack and fill it with something like the black great stuff gasket maker or I use NP1, its a polymer based sealant/construction adhesive that I swear is the same stuff but 1/4 the price... its got a 300% stretch rate and will still allow the dash to flex even when its 100+ or sub freezing temps.

78datsuninterior009.jpg

It doesnt look perfect but its better than a crack that will spread.

...Youve got me worried... I had a perfect dash in the KC too and I havent looked at it in about a month.

Cool snow pics, My goon looks like its got a mullet right now :)