Z24 is IN

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I raced a small model of the first Miss B&I. The first only ran in 1956 as the B&I, was owned by Bob Gilliam and was built in the Fort Lewis hobby shop. It was destroyed in 1969 in California. The second was the former Gale IV boat (Detroit boat) that was best known for landing in a rose garden during the 1954 Seattle Gold Cup. It was the B&I in 1962, and ended up rotting away up in Everett in the 1970s.

When I was 8 or 9, I went to the CNE in Torono and saw Miss Supertest II, for a short time, the worlds fastest hydro plane boat. I remember it was orange in color and had an airplane engine in it with lots of exhaust pipes. It was displayed, tipped on it's side so you could look into it. Even by today's standards, she was huge. I don't remember a single ride in the midway, but I do remember that big boat.

Her successor Miss Supertest III won the Harmsworth trophy, a record three times in a row, the first non American boat to do so in thirty-nine years. III won all of the four races she ever entered.

"Look! It's moving. It's alive. It's alive... It's alive, it's moving, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, IT'S ALIVE!"

Gotta have a Frankenstein quote.

It runs and drives now. And yes, it's got torque. Oh God it's got torque... at least compared to what I'm used to in bone-stock A10 style cars. I can just imagine waht those monster SR and KA swaps would do. Probably be brown-trousers time.

Bigger description of the last 2 days "on that other board".