How to build a jet engine!

I'll apologise in advance as i dont have any pics and dont really know much about jet engines but i'll try to answer any questions.

Get a big turbo, ours was probably 2 big but anyway, cut out a flange to mount the flame tube to the turbo, weld a piece of 8" round pipe about 12" long to the flange,

Now get another piece of pipe about 3" round and about 9" long and drill a shit load of holes in it getting bigger towards the bottom i think theres some sort of scientific process to that but oh well

Cut a piece of steel 8" round and weld the 3" pipe in the centre, mount 2 fittings on the plate inside the 3" pipe these are for lpg and fuel so use whatever you can(we used a methanol injector for the fuel and some random little nozzle for the lpg), also drill a hole for a spark plug in there somewhere 2 for the ignition system ( ours didnt work think the coil was shot)

Weld the 8" plate with the 3" pipe and fittings to the 8" pipe.

Mount flame tube to turbo, now you got to get a piece of pipe to go from the outlet of the turbo to not quite the top of the flame tube (we welded to the flame tube and duct tape to the turbo)

Hook a fuel pump up to some sort of valve and plumb to jet engine, hook up lpg bottle to a valve aswell and plumb to engine, hook up an oil pump to the turbo, set up ignition system (we failed)

DONE!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF4rAqGcxXY

Now my mates and i arent rocket scientists and we didnt really know what we were doing but we sort of got it running on the lpg and then shoved alot of fuel up its arse to make it sing, we dont know if this is how its supposed to work but it did and it sounds like a jet engine to me. This thing was so loud once we turned it off and looked around the whole neighbourhood was watching and shaking their heads so be careful if your neighbours are pissed off easily....... :fu:

• Like 2
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...