thinking about getting a 320

Roger

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking for a clean original paint 521, but I saw a nice 320. Im tempted because it is straight and cheap. Not original paint, but very straight all over. Reapinted and faded white. Has rust showing around some edges and bubbles at lower drivers side front fender. Looks good and needs painting and the rust cleaned up. I guess I will take it apart and POR15 the whole damn thing. What kinda gas mileage withthat 1200? will it do 65mph?

I really really like oem paint even if it is extremely bad. I dont want to spend the money on good paint even if thebody deserves it. I would rather paint it with a brush. I need thecharacter of the old truck to remain.I dont like trying to overpower father time and try to make it look new. A dent here and a bash there is great, but rust is awful!!!!!!

I am very mechanical but not with body work. How do you get rid of the tiny bit of rust that is typical on the 320 when it first shows? Por15 the rocker inside and out?

Hi there Roger, I am 6' also, I cannot straighten my legs sitting in the seat. I also have a 520 and 521, they have more leg room. I have a NL320 with an E1(1200) in it, it has a 388 geared rearend, it will do 70, I have no idea what kind of mileage it gets, as I have been restoring it(not a frame off) and have not driven it more than 20 miles so far, the 320 pickup I have, has only been driven home so far. Keep in mind they are only 60 hp new. As for the rust, I try to stay away from it, but I would use the POR 15 or something like it, I would use a lot of it. I don't know if you can get in the rockers, if it is on the surface, sand it off and POR 15 the shit out of it. wayno

sale-udrjq-2064511957@craigslist.org

Here it is, the 320 I'm considering.

That is a pacific coast vehicle, don't you live in Maryland? You would need to have the truck checked out real close, they generally have a lot of rust. I bought a 1963 datsun 320 pickup recently for $400.00 and I drove it home. It is almost completely rust free. Keep looking around unless you have had that one at the coast checked out by a professional and they say it is good, thats a lot of money for a non operational truck. There were no pictures in that ad, do you have any of it? wayno

DSCN0567.jpg

I sent you a PM, let me know if you received it please. I beleave the wheels are just painted, till I get a parts truck so I can kingcab it, I just don't look at it much, I just start it every couple of days and warm it up. The problem with the truck is the engine, it's an E1 and it runs great, they just don't have a lot of power, I have one in my NL320, I really don't want another E1 truck, I would rather put an A15 with dual SUs and a 5 speed in it, power without having to hack it up, and parts are available everywhere. I just feel bad about scraping good engines, so I end up storing them for years sometimes. I have four of them sitting now. Back to your thread subject, I can almost straiten my left leg sitting in the L320, and maybe with a thinner seat back I could, I am waiting for my NL320 bench seat to be finshed to see if I have more room, my legs are 34" from my crotch to the floor with shoes on. I received your email but was unable to open the pictures you sent me, and I am not computer savy enough to figure out how to open them, your just going to have to send them as pictures, not as attachments. wayno