510 15x8/10 rims??

FiveTenzo

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A 15x8 -30 will not fit a bubble flared 510,,,,,, front or rear.......... it will stick out even with hella-camber in the back

It might fit with box-flares,,,,,, but the OP said stock 510,,, then said fender flares........... regardless a 15x10 -45 will not even fit under box-flares

Ya with that offset it wont work

15x8 -30 should fit with fender flares. My wagon is running a ford 8.8 diff, with a wider diff than stock and I have 15x8 -30 with flares on there with an inch of room left. Only problem I see is it might hit the inner wheel well. I might be running 15x10 -45 in the rear as well once i up the power. ;)

15x8 -30 should fit with fender flares. My wagon is running a ford 8.8 diff, with a wider diff than stock and I have 15x8 -30 with flares on there with an inch of room left. Only problem I see is it might hit the inner wheel well. I might be running 15x10 -45 in the rear as well once i up the power. ;)

I am thinking of running the same flares as you when I widen my rear track with . How much wider is the 8.8 thn the wagon axle

IMHO to hack a car up like this is a crime. That being said, I'm no purest, and if there's one thing on a 510 i'd be willing to compromise in the pursuit of GO FAST it would be those skinny ass wheel wells. My question, if you're not just doing 10"and box flares for the look, at what point dose the Sawsall come out of the tool box? How much more performance dose another 2" really get you? Girls please don't answer that question. I would think at some point (depending on the application) the law of diminishing returns kicks in. OK, if you've got an 800hp fire breathing drag car, but if your doing auto-X with a respectable 250hp I would think the advantage of a lighter more nimble drive train would be the quicker set up. Again if this is about a cosmetic choice, please disregard.

IMHO to hack a car up like this is a crime. That being said, I'm no purest, and if there's one thing on a 510 i'd be willing to compromise in the pursuit of GO FAST it would be those skinny ass wheel wells. My question, if you're not just doing 10"and box flares for the look, at what point dose the Sawsall come out of the tool box? How much more performance dose another 2" really get you? Girls please don't answer that question. I would think at some point (depending on the application) the law of diminishing returns kicks in. OK, if you've got an 800hp fire breathing drag car, but if your doing auto-X with a respectable 250hp I would think the advantage of a lighter more nimble drive train would be the quicker set up. Again if this is about a cosmetic choice, please disregard.

agree

I want big tires because my sr brakes loose grabing 4th at 96 miles an hour in the quarter mile

No, they will not fit a flared 510, I just tried and they did not fit! Really bitch'n set of Center Line wheels and I had to get rid of them.

As for traction, get some slicks on it, that should cure the problem. Just watch out when you start breaking shit. Unless you have already started to beef up the rear end stuff.

Have fun!

I know very little about wheel sizes. My 510 has 15x7 wheels,with stock fenders,cant remember tire size but I can tell you in the rear there is barely room to put my thumb between the tire and fender. I would say less than 1/2 of an inch.

I am running into the same problemwith my dime .. to hack or not to hack .. I currently have 16x7 +25 and there is no room (i mean none) to go wider. Its amazing I dont rub now. But that being said I got major traction issues.. which is fun and all but im trying to determine what mods I can make to run 8 or 10 inch wide wheels.. My dime while not the best looking :) is really straight and the rear fenders are completely untouched. not even ever rolled.so im a bit weary about messing with them. If I do I plan on rolling the rear lips and notching the rear arms to get some more clearence but im trying to figure out just how much I can get without going all out and hacking things up and bolting on flares .. without a bunch of wheels sitting around to be able to play with fitment its pretty tough to figure out. I think 10" wide wheels is asking a lot but 8's are doable and I can use every bit of rubber hitting the road i can get.

Maybe if we can get some people to post what they are running in the rear and what mods are required that would be good.

• Like 1