Datsun 1600 with S-Chassis rear end setup???

TriniGT

I am just throwing this out there. Has anyone undertaken this, my friend has acquired an old 1600 Datsun and we are looking at throwing an SR20DET into it and was wondering how much work would it be to fit the entire S14 rear subchassis into it. Reason being that we already have these parts from passed projects. We are thinking about flaring the rear side panels considerably to take some beefier wheels 245/50/16 and maybe even slicks at some point so we are not too concerned about how wide the S14 rear subframe is, also it would eliminate have to shorten the axles and respline them. Has anyone ventured into this or is this new territory?

The plan is to put an S15 engine into it that is modded and use either the stock S15 six speed box with the modded 3rd to 4th gear circlip fix or throw in an RB25DET box on it along with a one piece driveshaft and see what it does up the quarter. Let me know your thoughts, I may put the S15 helical LSD setup I have instead of the S14 backend but I just want to know if this has ever been done and what sort of fabrication had been done. Getting R200 setups with CVs is tough down here so I am trying to work with what I have.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be hard, but if done right, would be very cool. your just gonna have to do lots and lots of fabrication, then mould the body appropriotly around what you have made under the skin, form follows function kinda deal. if you do the front wider as well, it would make a great street/strip/road course car.