Just purchased 1981 Datsun 720 pickup, Anyone want to help me with the project I am beginning?

Fantastic movie! lol I thought of a better idea for the space under the bed. Anything I put under there is at great risk from flying rocks and various other debris. So why not just get a metal box with no top (like a truck box with the lid removed), measure the dimensions of the open top of it, then cut a piece out of the bed that is to the same measurements, put a hinge on that so you can open it, then L bracket the box to the bottom of the bed underneath the hole.Kind of a hidden trap door thats flush with the rest of the bed, and you lift it up, and PRESTO, instant smugglers hold. You can put a welder in there, you can put a generator in there, you can put a corpse in there, there is no limit to the fun things you can store in this area. Actually room issue was one of my biggest concerns, I might try that Izzo, thanks for the link, that might fit. I just really like that it can fit 4 people if I need to, and I am not in a hurry to get rid of that luxury.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic