Metal window visors

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CALLING SKIB!!!! need info on screw placement... once i make a really good one (the one i made today is not so good) i will have a template and be able to make them, as many as i want, just gotta pitch the boss some cash for metal (stainless costs, painted doesnt)(but the labor does, hint hinttongue.gif)

i will try another one tommorow, change some things. its gunna be good

I'm interested in a set for a 4 door 510, the first one you made looks sweet, just need to come down more at the front to a pointy end, hope that makes sense.

• Like 1

totally does, and i do recognize all the flaws the first prototype has, i dont know about the window sizes, but eventually i could get them and make templates for any windowbiggrin.gif

pedro... since you live in straylia i would like to get a set put on local first before shipping to make sure the fit is perfect. good things take timetongue.gif

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i made my first prototype, the fitment is pretty good, i could make it better, i made this one in about fifteen minutes. if it was stainless i would take a little more time on it.....enjoy

DSCF2220.jpg

DSCF2221.jpg

DSCF2223.jpg

DSCF2224.jpg

p.s. still dont know how these things generally get fastened on, i can add metal anywhere for a screw, i need an idea for screw placement

How did you go with these?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

alright siqx20... i will kick it back into gear. judging from the pics of the clips, i already have the correct design, the only problem is the clips, those are probably a heat treated spring steel, i might be able to finger something out

• Like 1

Nice I will throw up a pic of the clip that i have. If need be i can send u a clip or two to kinda go off of. ur only up the road a ways. Im in Eugene. I would want it back ofcoarse. maybe a couple extra ones that u make as well since i think im 2 short. from what it looks like there is 2 on top one in the back and one up front.

47.jpg

• Like 1

i can actually make thos clips, ill bet 26gage stainless would work for those as well. i will try to have some ready for canby. i will give updates one status, but if i dont do updates, that probably means i forgot, so remind me lol...

if today is slow maybe i will round up all my templates and bust a set out for the old 720, i will have to see if they are the same as 620's....

• Like 1

i can actually make thos clips, ill bet 26gage stainless would work for those as well. i will try to have some ready for canby. i will give updates one status, but if i dont do updates, that probably means i forgot, so remind me lol...

if today is slow maybe i will round up all my templates and bust a set out for the old 720, i will have to see if they are the same as 620's....

damn, if you get good at this might have to see if you can make a set for the 710 wagon.

• Like 1

i got some plastic shit on my 720, its lame sorta, but cool at the same time. I can have the window cracked open and not have a bunch of air rushed in on cold days, plus it keeps the rain out. I'd like some chrome ones tho...

• Like 1

i made one out of black metal that was the cats meow. i think for the 710 i would opt for copper, then you get the aged patina to go along with the car... i think im ready, i just need some free time at work.

Anxious to see :D how will u mock up a set for a 620? Im not sure if they are the same shape as 720's..

• Like 1

oh k.... very good fit, but have no clips in them yet (oh and there is only one for drivers side lol) i think im getting off work early today, then i can bust some out

P1010235.jpg

P1010236.jpg

P1010237.jpg

P1010238.jpg

any suggestions are appreciated, its pretty easy to make them bigger, or more angled. so let me know what you think

• Like 2
2eDeYe' date='06 May 2011 - 08:04 AM' timestamp='1304694286' post='471416']

That looks real good. How hard to make it go all the way down in the front?

not too bad, once i do it once then i have a template, so just the first time is tough... the shit thing is, i had today off so i could have worked on the, but my boss is in a very bad hate everybody make me want to quit mood. i can do them at home, would just take more time, and i need to swipe some metal to play around with.

• Like 1