620 Front Disc Brake Conversion Set

Datsun Parts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-310-520-521-620-Truck-Wilwood-New-Disc-Brake-Conversion-Set-FRONT-Kit-/151646258851?hash=item234ed246a3

just a fyi these are advertised for a 521 ... but not sure what wheels u can run with them ... theres a set on the red 521 and the 18" DO NOT clear the caliper ... I repeat they DO NOT clear the calipers..... and yes spacers would work but would negate the ability to turn .....wish i saw this add too paid full pop off ebay too ...sad panda ...

titans tired and they DO NOT clear either ...nice wilwood calipers yet no wheel fits the application ... 

just installed a set of mklotz 620hub conversion brakes on another truck ..... nice kit real straight forward but for a lowered vehicle it changes the track width ... 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-310-520-521-620-Truck-Wilwood-New-Disc-Brake-Conversion-Set-FRONT-Kit-/151646258851?hash=item234ed246a3

just a fyi these are advertised for a 521 ... but not sure what wheels u can run with them ... theres a set on the red 521 and the 18" DO NOT clear the caliper ... I repeat they DO NOT clear the calipers..... and yes spacers would work but would negate the ability to turn .....wish i saw this add too paid full pop off ebay too ...sad panda ...

titans tired and they DO NOT clear either ...nice wilwood calipers yet no wheel fits the application ... 

just installed a set of mklotz 620hub conversion brakes on another truck ..... nice kit real straight forward but for a lowered vehicle it changes the track width ... 

i got that same set sitting in a box waiting to be installed on a 620. hopefully i have rims that will work, if not, i'll be buying a mklotz kit

How much are they being pushed out?  I thought when I measured it, it was about 5/8".....which can be a lot with tight fender clearances, but the advantage of mine is being able to run stock rims.....and with stock rims, the offset change isn't an issue. 

• Like 2

i got that same set sitting in a box waiting to be installed on a 620. hopefully i have rims that will work, if not, i'll be buying a mklotz kit

the 620 will accept the wilwoods and any rim i believe ... uber kevins truck(with mikes awesome 620 hub brake swap )  sitting next to the red truck with wilwood brake swap, we can see the wilwoods will work well on a 620 hub ... the design of the 521 and the top hat and hub leaves nearly a inch of caliper sticking out past the wheel mount surface...

mike your kit is awesome ... and yeah i didn't measure but somewhere between 5/8 and 7/8.... and for a truck like mine as low as it is and  with the wheels and tire package it would affect my already affected turning ability ..... the kit was super easy to put on ad everything fit perfect.... i love the way the caliper rides on the disc compared to my beebani bracket... your machining skills and video tutorials is invaluable ... really made it nice... now if there was just a nice easy way to double flair brake lines i would love doing brake swaps ... if i was gonna keep the dora truck stock i would pick that kit up in a heart beat .. but it will be lowered with a special offset wheel so probaly just gonna swap my single pistons an brackets on and use dual piston on my truck with a fresh set of brackets ... 

my biggest issue riught now is th red truck has 800 in brakes on it and no wheels will fit on it .... sitting on jack stands contemplating having a recess machined into the infinity wheels on it .. sigh .... nothing like spending 800 bucks then not being able to use them ... glad its not my money ... i wont tell hans that he coulda got 150 off if i had seen this add.   

that lsd from traction conepts is a dead issue now ... it never lsd 'd and cost a gear set and a housing maybe... i was against it as was phixius 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Hey guys, I'm looking into doing a disc brake swap on my 73 620, but Im not sure what parts I should be looking for. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a parts list? Real early stages of research right now. Thanks

The best way to search ratsun is to use google.   Type in your search words followed by   ;ratsun.net   and google will target ratsun first.  Works way better than ratsun's search engine.  My website is in my signature....there's tons of info there on my stuff.

• Like 2