620 Front Disc Brake Conversion Set

Datsun Parts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

IF i were only single with no kids. graduation for my oldest this year, so lots of stuff to get done and none of it is cheap.

Thats just being a man, taking some responsibilty to the family, Good Job. I am glad some of us still out there. My Kid is already in College, scholarship and all, thank god she is independent.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the brackets from beebani Thursday, and I finnally got it on, today, everything work out great, everything went like clockwork, it took me couple of hours but took I my time, doing it right. Great feel on the brakes now, and I think I am gonna stay with the same Master Cylinder (3/4) for now. Next will be the rear probably in a couple of months............

Got the brackets from beebani Thursday, and I finnally got it on, today, everything work out great, everything went like clockwork, it took me couple of hours but took I my time, doing it right. Great feel on the brakes now, and I think I am gonna stay with the same Master Cylinder (3/4) for now. Next will be the rear probably in a couple of months............

how much better did the brakes work for you percentage wis?e ex. they worked 50% better or 110% better. im so sick of drums, disc is a dream of mine.

• Like 1

how much better did the brakes work for you percentage wis?e ex. they worked 50% better or 110% better. im so sick of drums, disc is a dream of mine.

I would say about 110% better, I was just sick of adjusting it every six months and would not get it right, it's either pull to the right or left, and the traffic around here are just crazy, I have been looking around for a while now on trying to get a disc brake on the front, but it's either cost an arm and leg or you have to fabricate something........I am so glad that I run into this site. I am so stoke to drive it down the road on my first test. I felt I have a different truck. Thanks to Beebani's hard work.....

The next thing is upgrade the steering a bit........

• 1 month later...

I am new at this site, and I was wondering if any possibility that I could just purchase the brackets, for my '73 Datsun 620? It's been difficult to keep the drum brakes adjusting it properly.

hey do you want steel or aluminum to use pathfinder calipers or 300zx 4 piston aluminum calipers i make both brackets here in socal

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

go to the previous page and find the first post in the thread by Beebani....then contact him. :)

Thanks, I PM him and I also contacted the guy who sells the kit.

Question, It seems some late 77 620s came with disc brakes. Rockauto.com sells the parts, could I just use those (rotor, caliper, etc.)? If so what would all be required? I opened a thread about this specifically:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/32597-77-620-front-disc-brakes/page__p__492099__fromsearch__1#entry492099

Any help would be... well... helpful. Thanks in advance.

• 3 years later...