Turboing A15 Project

Mini-L320

So yesterday I went to a Swap Meet and picked up a Sweet Garrett Turbo. I figure its time for my 210 to live up life with a bit of BOOST!!! in its Life :hyper: Why Not Right? But anyways Turbo seems to be in Good Usable Shape, Turbine spins freely and Little to no shaft play at all. Gonna Clean it up Well and start making the Turbo Manifold with some round tubing I have laying around. This is a project That Im probably not gonna finish up this Year, maybe in the spring or 2011, Yeah I know Bummer :crying:. But I will start on making the Turbo Manifold First. I still need to drive the Car in the winter so I have my Extra A14 Head laying around that im gonna use for a mock Up of the turbo/Turbo Manifold.

Turbo Specs: Garrett (Oil/Water Cooled) Has 4 Holes, 2 for Water Inlet/Outlet. 2 for the Oil Inlet/Outlet. Deffinately a great turbo that will stay cool even when Keeping boost at Max for a long time :thumbup:

M4

A/R 0.47

Internal Wastegate

TURBO PICTURES:

Photo0210.jpg

Photo0208.jpg

Photo0207.jpg

Photo0206.jpg

Not sure what it came out of but Im guessing it came out of Either an Older Volvo, Saab or maybe even Mitsubishi Starion

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww.. look at the cute little turbo :)

...This is a project That Im probably not gonna finish up this Year, maybe in the spring or 2011, Yeah I know Bummer :crying: ...

.. just make sure it's done before 2012 :unsure:

:lol:

But seriously, this is awesome. Keep on top of this thread.

Awww.. look at the cute little turbo :)

.. just make sure it's done before 2012 :unsure:

:lol:

But seriously, this is awesome. Keep on top of this thread.

Yeah Definately Before 2012, I wouldnt wanna get it done the day the Earth Fell Apart :D . Well the hardest part is just making the Turbo Manifold other than that its pretty simple for me. Making Oil Lines threw turbo, Turbo Piping to Carb, Making a Turbo Plenum or just buying one of ebay already made for the Weber Carb.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...