looking to paint my car

but right now i dont have the money to get a paint job my dad and i sanded my car and did all the body work we were gonna get some primer and spray it out this week so my car could be a solid color but i have been ready some other forums and people have said instead of priming it and leaving it to prime it and buy a cheap paint and go over it would that be a smarter idea instead of leaving just a primer on it. thank u

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cool if you know that the rust is stopped. If you willing to spend a bit of money, research some reputable shops in your area. Get the quote first for primer and sanding then ask them how much without so that you know what the job is worth and you're chances of getting the run-around will be less. How much of the car are you painting? Did you strip the interior and remove the seats/ Are you doing just the shell and door jambs or are you just planning on painting the outside shell same color. ,I'd love to see an 810 with a fresh new coat of paint. What color are you going for? I'd personally spend the extra money to have it done by a pro unless you have a compressor and all the right tools and know-how.

PS. If you're planning on going rattle can - it can be messy. Drape anything and everything in your garage and try not to pass out from the fumes. There's a write up somewhere here on roll-on paint that actually turned out pretty good. I think there's also a youtube vid on it.