Sealiks Shit

Sealik

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm finishing my reno crap, so i'll be home or at North thomspon... the 710 is an automatic fwiw...I still have a flywheel for Datzenmike at my house lol. my cel is ---4-1504 , call me and i'll let you know wher to finde me.

I'm finishing my reno crap, so i'll be home or at North thomspon... the 710 is an automatic fwiw...I still have a flywheel for Datzenmike at my house lol. my cel is ---4-1504 , call me and i'll let you know wher to finde me.

Okay....

.........think he was referring to the 78 510????

aaahh.

i found a pre emmissions intake in my HOARD... it has 1.5 inch ports, but its an open runner design so i could make them 1.75 ports in about a minute with a hole saw or die grinder...its sticks out 7.25 inches from the head...

aaahh.

i found a pre emmissions intake in my HOARD... it has 1.5 inch ports, but its an open runner design so i could make them 1.75 ports in about a minute with a hole saw or die grinder...its sticks out 7.25 inches from the head...

aaaaahhhh......mmmmmmm

come get it... its on the table on my front porch... freee!

Might be able utilize that IM without leaning the engine too much. Use the stock bell housing....just raise the drivers side a smidge with a longer motor mount. And or a shorter MM on the passenger side.

seriously , you can port these things out with a chainsaw file and a sharpie!

I found an even shorter one... just need to go grab a 3/8ths swivel to get it off... even less width and less things to plug. i'll have it off by 9-30

So....I through an old Z24 HG on the U67.

Noticed there were 2 holes to cut out.

Bit of a rush job... :D ....all of 5 mins.... but the results were better than expected.

Was wondering on the casting on the inside of the head for a while, around the holes. Finally had a look, no burs or rough casting....that is good. The laminate trimmer is riding on a bearing, so the smoother the edge you are following, the better the results.

Punched a small hole in the HG, just large enough to drop the trimmer in.

Didn't have the gasket sitting quite as flat (crud on head) as I wanted and I punched the hole a little out of the area I wanted to cut out....but....not bad.

Better next time....just a 'dry' run

headg.jpg

Next 2 holes came out better.....cut an extra hole in the bottom right, just because... :D

HGas.jpg

Got the blocked stripped....ready for machinist.

block.jpg

Just waiting for the IM/EM gasket to port the head and IM a little better.

Cam has been shipped to Shadbolt.

Picked up a couple of IMs from Merlin...(Thanks).....put my 2 piece Weber adapter on it.

Shall grind and match the assembly to IM....and also remove the metal from the center of the IM throat.

block1.jpg

Grinded the ports to match intake gasket.

Before...up to 1/8 inch in spots

Grind.jpg

After.....lots of grinding

sh3.jpg

A little more to do....but...looks pretty good.

DRS.jpg

sh4.jpg

Used some double sided sticky tape to hold the new HG tighter against the head. Drilled a hole to plunge the flush cutting bit.

sh5.jpg

'Ran' the hole...clockwise....came out excellent. That crud around the hole is just the film on the HG...not metal. Rubs right off.

sh6.jpg

Voila

sh7.jpg

But....1 frost plug is of issue. Thought I could pound the 1 side in and rotate it enough to get a grip on it

Negative...forgot about the cylinder behind it.

Crap.

sh8.jpg

Well.... this doesn't look good.

Just noticed it....after I wiped the oil out of the cam tower.

Fucken...a couple of deep 'scratches'

Would assume that cam towers cannot be changed.....line bored from factory?

Still be used/work...?............looks like something came out of the oil gallery....and then....

TW2.jpg

No worries Doug it's soft aluminum so any shit will embed in it and not bother the hardened cam. It'll be just fine.

That is good then.

I'm thinking the cam might also have some grooves in it.

Already shipped it.

I'll phone Barry from Shadbolt.

Mmmmmmmm.....soon as the pistons are here....maybe tomorrow....block and head are making a road trip :thumbup:

Finally compared the Z22 and Z24 flywheel. Noticed the Z24 clutch app. will not fit the Z22.

I see now....the Z24 has a larger mounting pattern. Bigger clutch and disc.

I'll be mounting the Z24 flywheel on the LZ

fl1.jpg

Mocked up the engine.

fl5.jpg

Not much clearance between the IM and EM....heat shield no fittie.

fl3.jpg

Will have to bash the exhaust pipe in about a 1/4 inch to clear.

Going to mount/bend the dip stick in location shown

fl4.jpg

fl6.jpg

fl2.jpg

Doug that's a 240mm f/w I bet. (do you have any 4X4s?) pretty sure the 4X4 were 240mm. Measure across the disc were pattern.

fl1.jpg

Also if you flip them over some have more or less casting material and are heavier/lighter. 29 vs. 21 pounds.

21 pound 225mm

225mm21lb280Zflywheel.jpg

240mm (probably the same weight as the 225mm.

flywheel240mmthreeLarge.jpg

Here's a 225mm without the extra weight cast into it. You can see it is flat on the engine side... 29 pounds.

IMG_0347.jpg

fl3.jpg

Doug this needs a heat shield. Grind away what you need for clearance. Use cereal box to make a template to wrap around the front, up under the carb bottom and out around the back runner. Use the two front manifold studs for the air filter tie down at the front and the throttle cable mount bolts in the rear, or drill and self tapping bolts. This is a prime candidate for a Maxwelhouse coffee can. :lol: and a hammer.

fl3.jpg

Doug this needs a heat shield. Grind away what you need for clearance. Use cereal box to make a template to wrap around the front, up under the carb bottom and out around the back runner. Use the two front manifold studs for the air filter tie down at the front and the throttle cable mount bolts in the rear, or drill and self tapping bolts. This is a prime candidate for a Maxwelhouse coffee can. :lol: and a hammer.

I have the heat shield for the IM.....I'll make it fit :hyper: .... :lol:

No. I have a 240mm f/w and was searching around for a high clamp force clutch to fit it. Was thinking the 240sx KA motor, maybe.

Did find a 300zx TT with 850KG PP. Wow, but it's some oddball size. 250mm

Found one for a FWD Maxima VQ30DE 240mm 580Kg.$119 dealer.

Surely a 250mm would fit the 240 f/w surface. Have a machine shop move the dowels so the VQ35DE (350zx) 880Kg PP would bolt up. Only $165. Not sure if the 250mm clutch disc spline matches but you could probably run a 240mm disc???

No. I have a 240mm f/w and was searching around for a high clamp force clutch to fit it. Was thinking the 240sx KA motor, maybe.

Did find a 300zx TT with 850KG PP. Wow, but it's some oddball size.

Found one for a FWD Maxima VQ30DE 240mm 580Kg.$119 dealer.

I see....this is what I was looking at....

http://cgi.ebay.ca/EXEDY-RACING-STAGE-1-ORGANIC-CLUTCH-KIT-NISSAN-06801A-/400179032311?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3A720&hash=item5d2c8770f7

Not too many options up here....but I will check out the 1 and only parts store in town... :D